Chapter 39: Destiny

Above another concept art of our dear Lyanna

We'd been sitting in the council chamber for hours already, making plans to defend the city from the upcoming threat. We'd heard about the army Arthas had been assembling, and that they were camping in the ruins of Borovia right now. It wouldn't be long till they attacked and when they did, it would be with full force. The sun was slowly setting, cutting our time short. Luckily we already formed a plan and now were only focusing on the details.

"Now we can activate the ray shields once they get close enough and shoot them down with deathshot." Stefan proposed, leaning his hands on the war table as he studied the miniature version of our city. His blond hair coloured a bright orange with the light of the setting sun. "We will station troops here, -" He pointed at the locations as his eyebrows furrowed. "here and here. It will be enough for the first attack, but it won't last long when Arthas appears."

"Obi-Wan and I can distract him long enough for you to defeat his army." Anakin smugly smiled.

"Anakin, I'm not sure if you remember the last time correctly, but he had us pinned down in a matter of seconds." Obi-Wan objected.

"But master, we're prepared this time!" Anakin acted as if he was offended, his eyes widening playfully. "And, of course, we have our dear princess on our side." He gestured towards me, mumbling the words incoherently.

"If we're lucky back up will be arriving by then." Aidan fiddled with his fingers as he leaned back in his chair, his eyes focused on the city, cutting off the jedi's bickering. "I've never heard of Valerians refusing the call of the phoenix. They'll be with large numbers, so maybe we'll have a chance of overpowering his army."

"But no chance of overpowering him." I sighed and hid my face in my hands, defeated. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, making me lift my gaze to his immediately. Obi-Wan's worried eyes soon focused on mine as he questionably looked at me. "We went to the caves to find a way to defeat Arthas, my dear jedi." I could feel the other's gazes focused on me too so I sat upright. "Finding this power helped, surely, but it won't be enough. It gave us a chance to defeat his army but not Arthas himself. We need a timeturner and I'm not one."

Everyone fell silent, dropping their gazes to the floor. "I mean, I can slow it down temporarily and I can see echoes of the past while touching things." I shifted awkwardly, remembering how I'd relived the moment between Obi-Wan and Eric the moment I first touched him. "But freezing time completely? I don't think I can do that."

"You're right." Stefan sighed, falling down on his chair in defeat. "I had hoped that because your mother was the most powerful timeturner, you'd get that power too. I forgot the fact that you can only have one major power and you were already part phoenix." He explained. When he saw Obi-Wan and Anakin looking at him with glazed over eyes, he cleared his throat and continued. "Having that much power will kill you. Even our queen." His eyes soon focused on me again. "So, we'll have to find a way to defeat him with what we have."

"He's immune to fire, commander." I reminded him. "There's no way I can defeat him."

"Maybe not, but we'll find a way we can defeat him." Anakin quickly interjected. When everyone diverted their gazes towards him, some with a glare and some just tired, he threw his hands up and smiled. "You didn't have jedi the last time he attacked and you didn't have any clone troopers. Now, we've defeated more armies in the last few years than you in your entire lifetime. I'll admit, Arthas is more powerful than droids but it has to count for something."

Everyone thought about what he was trying to say, their eyes all fixed on the map before them. "I can't believe I'm saying this but Anakin is right." Obi-Wan stroked his beard in thought as his eyes narrowed. "At the very least we will be able to catch him off guard."