Chapter 10: Grim Reapers showed up!

I shuddered.

I looked up to where Lucas was staring at.

Up above, five black umbrellas were opened. Dangling from it were three men in a black suit and two women wearing a black dress.

I can't see their faces clearly because they were far from us. But I can differentiate their hair colors. There was a blond man, two red-haired girl, and two black-haired men.

They floated with the umbrella until they reached the ground.

I was stunned. So grim reapers can float and penetrate through things like ghosts do?

Lucas pulled my shirt, "Come with me, discreetly."

I snapped back from reality. Those Grim Reapers looked human however they exude a different aura. It was like I could just differentiate them that they were not normal humans. And their presence was too strong for a ghost.

I followed Lucas.

Then I heard a piercing scream that made me look back.

The blonde man's opened umbrella was spinning in front of the stylist that offered me a nail polish before. The stylist's soul was being sucked on that umbrella. After a few seconds, his screaming stop. Not even a remnant of his soul was left.

I paled.

Those umbrellas were weapons against us.

The screaming happened in every corner of the basement. The grim reapers were capturing every soul through the black umbrella.

"Kelly!" Lucas called to me.

I woke up from my daze and followed him.

After he made sure I was following him, he then went around the information tent. The two bodyguards were nowhere to be found.

That's when we heard the sound of a car.

"Here! Quick!" Lucas was running after a wretched car. He then shouted.

"Mr. Finch! Let us in!"

The window rolled down, The headless body was holding his own head on his hand.

"You and your friend are not gonna make it. But if you do, we will meet again in city Z!"

The wretched car then disappeared fast. After it disappeared for a second, a blonde man teleported on the spot where it vanished. He smashed his closed umbrella to the air where the car disappeared to. He then cursed.

"Shit! The headless man escaped!"

I recognized this blonde from afar. He was one of the Grim Reapers!

He was about to turn to my direction when Lucas pulled me into the tent.

Lucas held my hand and we ran inside. He looked left and right inside the tent. He was looking for a place to hide.

Outside, I am hearing the ghost's panic screams.

Those screams made me feel cold. Were they being obliterated?

Dang, am I going to die today?

"Here!" Lucas pulled me under the desk. It was the desk where the head was sitting on. We hide there and tried to eliminate our presence as much as possible.

The space we were in was very tight. So both of us squeezed together.

In this closed space, the smell of lavender was strong. It was really Lucas' smell. His scent made me calmed down a bit. How could he smell so good? I couldn't help but glance at his handsome profile. Some of his dark hair was wet because of sweat.

But even I want to stare more, I couldn't at the moment. I could not appreciate the good view in front of me as we are in a precarious situation.

Wait.

It finally registered to me, we have been sweating since the grim reapers arrived. But before, even I ran after the child I didn't even sweat.

Why was that?

Then suddenly we heard the tent's curtain being opened.

The sound of shoes stepping on cold hard floor reverberated on the tent. We are in the inner tent, if the man came here in the inner tent and walked more towards the desk we would be found out.

Like a confirmation, the zipper's tent on the inner tent opened.

Step.

Step.

Step.

He took three steps. He was now in front of the desk. I see his shadow in front of me. I covered my mouth, I am afraid I will make a noise and we would be found out. I don't want yet to die. If my soul died, what would happen in my body?

Go away. Please go away.

"Tristan, help us here! The old ladies are strong! " A girl's voice sounded outside the tent.

The blonde man turned around. He went out of the tent.

Then I heard his deep voice. He sounded like a man in his early twenties.

"Eric and Blich can't even handle a group of old ladies?"

"These bunch of old women won't go down without a fight! They are so strong, I wonder why they didn't become a demon?" Another man's voice spoke.

"Because they are old and don't have that much greediness. And living in this world for too long made them strong. But it had to be stopped. They should return and accept the final process of Death." The voice came from the blonde man.

We heard booming sounds afterwards. The screams of the ghosts and their pleas overwhelmed the entire place.

I trembled amidst their beggings. I have an idea of what was happening outside. And I don't want to join the onslaught.

I can't die yet.

Lucas glanced at me. He held my freezing hand.

"It will pass. Trust me." His grey eyes showed a strong determination that made me trust him.

Yes. It would pass.

It seems like forever when finally the loud booming and screams stopped. But the silence made me shuddered more.

"We finally finished the sixth base. There were still five markets we need to find." Another voice of a woman said.

My heart thumped fast because the five grim reapers choose to stay just beside the tent.

"I really need a vacation. Let's finish the job quickly." One man said.

"Be thankful that our team is assigned for capturing ghosts and not for cleansing demons. If we fought with a strong demon, even we have hundreds of lifespan, we could be eaten by them." The voice came from the blond man.

"I know, I know, I listened to the orientation. " One of the girls said.

Then I heard their footsteps walked away from us.

Were they finally leaving?

But I just stayed there. I am afraid to peek out just to find out they were just waiting for us to come out. But Lucas doesn't think the same. He moved.

Lucas looked at me, "I will check first."

But I held his arm, what if they were still there? Even Lucas was rude to me, I don't want him to be caught.

*****

A/n: Hi guys! This a book where our protagonists are ghosts this time~ I hope you'll love this story of supernatural romance and a lot of plot twists.

If you are reading To Love You Again (TLYA), this is the book that Lu Yin Ze was reading after he was discharged from the hospital. 

If you want to read more, you can check this book of mine in GoodNovel app, the title there is: Oh My Lovely Ghost. 

Right now it has 43 chapters and I plan to update there every day until the book is finished. Please support me there as well! Thank you ^^