Ch 61: Dear Customer, Please Pay

The fight ended too quickly. The red-haired angel stands amongst the pile of corpses and puts her guns back into her bag without changing her expression. This gives Lin Yie a deeper understanding of the strength that is hiding in that slender body. And when he also considers Ifrit, Lin Yie realizes this world's devils and angels can really fight.

Although he has a lot of questions for her, there are more important things for him to do. Lin Yie endures the pain and staggers towards Nightingale, who has fallen conscious because of the shock. 

He is somewhat relieved when he confirms that she is still breathing, but seeing the redness on her face still makes him really mad. He recalls how she said "Pineapple Bun" again and again, and begged helplessly for help. He really wants to revive her attacker and kill him again.

Fortunately, she is still alive. Otherwise, he doesn't know how to face Shining anymore.

Although he would have died first if that angel didn't show up.

Ifrit is still unconscious.

After picking up all the shells, the red-haired angel walks towards Lin Yie and smiles, "Hey, Mr customer. Why are you frowning? Your package is safely delivered."

Lin Yie doesn't understand what she said, "What package?" When he looks at the corpses behind her and then her smile again, Lin Yie suddenly feels that her halo is horrifying. His mouth twitches as he asks, "Are you really an angel?"

"Ah? You know my codename?" The red-haired angel tilts her head, "I am Exusiai."

"Sankta?"

"Um. You know about us." Exusiai puts her bag down and takes out a small notebook. She writes down something, "But rather than my race, I hope you can remember my workplace instead. We are Penguin Logistics! We transport life and death."

(That sounds really philosophical.)

Lin Yie points at her halo and asks, "Is that special effect?"

"How did you do it?" Lin Yie says, "I don't see a string."

"Tsk. It seems you only know our race's name." Exusiai shakes her head and points at her halo, "This is our special trait."

"Can you turn it off?"

"I tried."

"How do you sleep then?"

Exusiai sighs, "My dream is being able to sleep without a sleep mask."

Lin Yie is amused. If he sets aside her violent shooting, she is actually quite humorous.

He asks Exusiai about the lower floors.

"The fighting should be over now." Exusiai says, "The L.G.D. already took back the middle section of the building, when I arrived. Chen Sir is leading the assault. They should be here by now."

When she finishes speaking, they hear another set of footsteps. There are more intruders coming. Lin Yie is nervous again, but Exusiai holds him down and shakes her head.

Those intruders didn't get to move any further before they were cut into pieces by a flash of light.

Lin Yie sees Chen and her guards. Exusiai mutters, "I wonder who is stronger, Texas or her."

Exusiai shakes her hands when Lin Yie looks at her. "It's nothing." She walks towards Chen, "Good evening, Chen Sir."

She explains, "We came because of an employer's request." Perhaps Chen knows Exusiai. She doesn't say much. She turns to Lin Yie and sees Nightingale and Ifrit, "Are they alright? Do you need a medic?"

"Yes, please."

"No problem." Chen shakes her head and leaves, but Lin Yie stops her, "Did you see Yato?"

Chen pauses, "Yato is wounded, but she is fine. You people are lucky. No one died."

Lin Yie is relieved. Although he is not familiar with Yato, he doesn't want anything bad to happen to his saviour.

"Did you catch that W?"

"W?" Chen frowns, "Who is that?"

Lin Yie pauses.

Chen manages to guess something based on Lin Yie's expression. Her gaze turns cold, "Someone escaped. L.G.D., search the city!"

When he sees Chen leave with her guards, Lin Yie is speechless. That W seems to be the head of some terrorist organization. Hopefully, she won't be a problem down the road.

Exusiai tears off a page from her notebook, while Lin Yie is deep in thought.

"Then, dear customer, since you received your package, please pay the bill." Exusiai smiles, "You chose combo 1, that is, me. Since I was 10 minutes late, I will give you 20% off. Thank you."

Lin Yie looks at the price. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He looks again.

When he sees that row of zeros again, he chokes and passes out.

"Ay? Customer! If you are going to pass out, at least pay first!"

That's the last thing Lin Yie heard before falling unconscious.