CHAPTER 29 (LAST)

"Natsu?"

The fire dragon slayer looks at her immediately and watch everywhere on her frame, "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" asked him, concerned.

When Lucy was back to her sense, she shook her head quietly. "I-I am fine."

"Thank Mavis, wait here. I will kick some asses to these bastards." Natsu said with a grin and he went off to another stranger to beat him up.

"Lushiii!"

She turned around only to be hugged by the blue exceed, "Happy?! What are you doing here with Natsu?"

"Not just them, I came along too." The ice mage said with a smirk, standing behind the blonde with Juvia on his side, already crying out loud in Gray's arms.

"Natsuu and Gray was so worried that you and Juvia haven't back yet, it was supposed two days ago!" Happy said.

"Yeah sorry about that, the fortune teller it's just hard to deal with it you know." Lucy chuckles, and come up with a lie as an excused.

A sound of whimpered caught their attention and it was Van looking hurt in Lucy's arm, "Van! Hang in there!"

Lucy held him close and took his arm to wrap around her own frame, she looks at the others, "We should treat him! He's badly injured!"

"Aye!" Happy replied, and help Lucy with his two paws.

At a small clinic.

"He should be fine, only bruises that will heal in about three days ahead," explained the medical doctor, Lucy walked to Van side with a sad look. "Are you alright Van?"

"I am fine Lucy, thank you." He said with a small smile.

Lucy smiles back and everyone was in that room, feeling somewhat awkward. The fire dragon slayer who was looking at his lover and the new guy feels really pissed off, he even clicked his tongue when Lucy asked if he was okay.

"So, who's the new guy?" asked Gray.

"He's Van and he helped Juvia and Lucy to look for the fortune teller today."

"Wait today? You guys had just finished the job?"

The two just nods and when Van's voice is heard, everyone look at him. "I'm sorry for the disturbance I made, because those strangers were after Lucy and Juvia-san, I was trying to protect them somehow."

"You did? Thank you Van!" Lucy said happily.

"Tsk, now you don't have to protect them both again buddy," Natsu snickered at the back as he glared at Van.