Ch 86: Angel And Devil

"Time to wake up."

Lin Yie opens his eyes groggily and sees Ansel standing next to his bed, looking down at him.

"What time is it?"

"It's almost afternoon."

"What, how?" Lin Yie stretches, "I thought I set the alarm."

Ansel points at Lin Yie's phone, "It rang for half an hour already, but you kept sleeping, so I turned it off. But do you really not know why? Did you forget how you came back last night?"

"Yato senpai dragged you back." Ansel sighs, "You're a medic. No, a supporter? Tsk, anyway, why do you want to learn how to use a sword? You are not a guard or even a vanguard."

Lin Yie stares at the ceiling. It really was embarrassing to be dragged back because of exhaustion.

Ansel keeps talking, "Don't you have a gun? Why do you use a sword? I can't believe you."

"It's not like I can't use a gun." Lin Yie says, "Are you going to provide me with cash to buy bullets?"

Ansel quickly turns his head around, "Swords are fine too. They help you exercise."

Lin Yie puts on his clothes, "Are you resting today?"

"Of course not." Ansel says, "I already had my morning shift. I'm having my lunch break right now, but I came back to check on you."

"Thanks."

"No problem." Ansel says lightly, "Are you going to train with Yato senpai tonight?"

"Yeah." Lin Yie secures the sword Yato gave him on his belt, "I'm already her student."

He checks his attire again before leaving, "Plus, I only train at night. That shouldn't affect my work."

Ansel rolls his eyes, "Why don't you check the time and say that again?"

Lin Yie chuckles, "There won't be another time. I'll definitely wake up early tomorrow."

Ansel sighs. Lin Yie goes inside the bathroom. When he comes out, Ansel suddenly says, "There's a letter for you."

Lin Yie raises an eyebrow.

"I got it from our mailbox." Ansel takes out an envelope and gives it to Lin Yie, "It's from 'Penguin Logistics.' When did you hire them?"

Lin Yie facepalms.

He finally remembers what he forgot. He should have asked Kal'tsit to reimburse the costs! He takes the envelope, "Where is Ms. Kal'tsit's office?"

"She left Rhodes Island three days ago."

Lin Yie's face freezes, "What about Amiya?"

"She left with Amiya."

"What, why are they always missing?"

Ansel tilts his head, "You don't know? Amiya and Ms. Kal'tsit rarely stay in Rhodes Island. Do you need anything from them?"

Lin Yie smiles bitterly as he opens the letter.

"Dear Mr. Lin, How have you been? It's time to pay up... --- Exusiai."

Ansel notices Lin Yie's change of expression, so he asks, "What's wrong?"

Lin Yie explains the situation to him.

"Ah, it's nothing big really. Rhodes Island will pay for it." Ansel says lightly, "We have partnered with Penguin Logistics for a very long time. All work-related expenses that require Penguin Logistics's service are reimbursed."

"That's great!"

Ansel sighs.

"However, if you chose Exusiai, I'm afraid it's not covered."

Lin Yie was just getting hopeful. Now, he's nervous again, "Why?"

"Exusiai charges too much." Ansel says, "And her demand is paying for all the ammunition used during her deployment. That's why she charges several times more than other employees in Penguin Logistics for the same mission. Unless it's an emergency, we never hire her. After all, the other operator from Penguin Logistics, Texas, is more...? Um, you didn't choose Exusiai, did you?"

Lin Yie feels tired all of a sudden.

Angel? What is that?

It's fake, all fake.

Lin Yie leaves Ansel's question hanging in the air and drags his feet out of the door. Even if someone beats him to death, he will never ask Exusiai for help again.

He leans against the rail and contemplates what went wrong in his life. Then, he remembers he forgot a certain devil again. Why is life so hard?

...

Lin Yie rings the doorbell, and soon, Hibiscus opens the door for him.

"Dr. Lin." Hibiscus whispers, "You're late again."

"I know, but it's not like I want to be late."

"It's fine." Hibiscus smiles, "I already prepared for you."

She goes back inside and brings a bag of pineapple buns out to him.

"I got them this morning." Hibiscus says, "These should be enough to appease Ms. Liz."

Lin Yie is almost tearing up.

Hibiscus, you are the real angel. The other one is fake.

With the "angel's token," Lin Yie steps inside and finds Liz. She seems to be counting something.

Lin Yie calls out to her. She turns around. There are a few coins in her hands.

"Pineapple Bun." Nightingale asks, "Am I a sugar mama now?"