15

The next morning, Maeve had a free period so she headed down to Hagrid's hut. He had class at the moment but he allowed her to walk around his grounds and garden. There was a secret between the two of them, and that was that he allowed her to go into the Forbidden Forest. She wasn't all afraid of it, like most students. She just thought it had a scary name, but the creatures that roamed free in there were not scary at all. She spent about half an hour just walking around, watching the creatures roam. She didn't feel the need to interrupt them and go up to them. She just watched from afar. Like her grandfather, she carried around a small notebook where she took her notes. She wrote everything down about the creatures she came across. On her way back to the castle she came across a Bowtruckle. It resembles a green stick with legs, arms and little face. They use their twig-like bodies as a way to camouflage which means muggles never spot them living in trees where they feed on insects.

It was walking along a stone fence when it caught eye of Maeve. She went up to it, with a giggle "You remind me of Pickett!". She put her hand out, and it climbed aboard. "My name is Maeve, do you have one," she smiled, "a name?" The small creature that sat upon her hand shook their head no. "Would it be okay if I gave you one?" They shook their head yes.

"Mhm, how about Bata?" She laughed, "It literally means "walking stick" in Gaelic"

"Mhm, how about Bata?" She laughed, "It literally means "walking stick" in Gaelic". She giggled just a bit more. The little creature crawled up her arm and sat in the nook of her neck.

"I'll take that as a yes." She laughed as she made it into the courtyard, walking past a few students. They just seemed to look at her, almost in aw at the fact that she seemed to have no care in the world with who was watching her.

Across the courtyard, the Twins and Lee sat in a window opening watching the young girl and her tiny friend across the yard. When they lost sight of her, they all looked at each other with a common smile, not a mean one but a smile of love for this girl. They all cared about her in all different ways, sisterly love, friend love, and uncontrollable affectionate love.

"Another day, another creature on her shoulder." Lee laughed. "Why do strange creatures love her so much?"

"Well there are not strange creatures, only blinkered people." Maeve interlude while her head stuck out of one of the window openings near the boys outlet. She welcomed the boys with her smile.

"Hello boys"

During this exchange of comments, Dumbledore walked past the group, only to laugh to himself about the comment she had just made about blinkered people. To only walk past a portrait of Newt in one of the halls. "She's just like you, Newt." He laughed. The portrait smiled and nodded, "I've noticed." And with that he was off to his quarters.

"Hello Maeve, who do we have today?" George motioned toward the small stick on her shoulder playing with her hair.

"This is Bata, I've just named him. Do you know what Bata means?" She giggled.