°Smile°

'Good morning, Sean' Kaycee waved, a soft smile paying gracefully on her lips as she took the seat beside him.  Sean didn't bother responding, it was unlikely of him to do so. He preferred sitting and staring, his face stern and emotionless, examining everyone's attitudes and view on the world. 'Lovely day, isn't it?' She looked out the windows humming as the trees blossomed with leaves and the sun warmed the green grass, it was your typical sunny side movie scene.

Sean shrugged his houlders, raising one brow as he leaned forward and rested his chin on his hands. His eyes scanned from the 'pretty girls' also known as the botoxed lips, bleached hair, branded clothes girls, to the jock boys-arms strong and muscular, hair all cut to look the same. 

It was as if everyone agreed to the get the same haircut, clothes, earrings-just everyone. Everything seemed fake. 

Well nearly everyone, everyone except Kaycee. She was a summer ray, a flower that had blossomed but still had so many things to see and go to. Her hair was natural, lips, nose, eyes the same. She had normal everyday clothes, not trying to outsmart and dress to impress anyone. She was a one of a kind. Everything about her was different in the most positive way possible.

'Sean? If you could please kindly zone back in to my class, that'd be greatly appreciated' The teacher announced, glasses on the ball of her nose, lips tugged to one side, and hand on her hips, and leg pooped out. The classic teacher t'sking stance.

'Sorry' he mumbled, barely audible but the teacher knew what he had said. He opened his bag for his needed books, unconsciously slamming them onto the table earning a glare from his teacher.

'Anyways, like I was saying. Since you kids will be doing voluntary work at the children's hospital today, you will be assigned no homework. The school bus is waiting outside for you. Please walk out in an orderly fashion. In pairs, not threes or fours, okay?' The teacher explained, pushing her glasses up. The students all cheered, nodding their heads but they didn't follow her instructions. Instead, moving with five or six people down to the avenue. 

A yellow school bus with a black stripe was waiting for them at the avenue. The children all jumped inside, excited to get to go on a 'school trip'.

'In pairs please!' The teacher ordered, teeth gritted. The students all froze in their spot before complying to the teachers wishes.

'I guess you're my partner then' Kaycee smiled, sitting down beside Sean.

Sean hummed in response, not saying another word as he plugged two earbuds into his ears and zoned out from everything and everyone else.

'Alright then' Kaycee giggled, pulling out her phone from her pocket and going through her social media pages. 

'Seatbelts on?' The bus driver asked in a shout. All kids plus the teacher replied with a yes, before he drove them out of school bounds and down to the closest hospital. A children's hospital.

'One by one' the teacher said sternly, as she waited at the bus entrance and watched every student exit individually. A girl had exited with her friend, earning her a glare and complaint in the teachers journal. Not a good reputation.

Kaycee had hopped out way before Sean, far too excited to get to see multiple little kids in one place.

'I'm so excited Bails' she squealed, as they entered the hospital. The flowery scent hit her nose first, and she was slightly taken aback by the strong smell, but then saw the janitor mopping the floor and she understood why.

'Sign in down there' their teacher informed them, pointing at the office lady at the far corner.

'Do you think we'll get to see more than one child today?' Kaycee asked Bailey, as her eyes scanned over the area and caught no sign of any children.