28

25 August 2010

When morning came and they still hadn't found Rebekah's necklace, Nik's bright idea was to take Grace up on the invitation shopping and go for some retail therapy to distract Rebekah from both her missing necklace and the shock of 21st century life.

Nik picked the shop, obviously not for the clothes but for the service - the champagne and endless supply of female blood seemed to have entice him. Apparently according to Gloria some of the shop assistances here were those rare strange breed of human that didn't mind the feeding process.

"There has to be more to this dress." Rebekah called from being the curtain, it was probably her tenth dress and all of them seemed to leave her baffled as to how woman got away wi try wearing what seemed like undergarments outside.

As she walked out the changing room Nik looked at the dress before chuckling.

"I'm sorry to say there just isn't."

The short black dress hugged Rebekah in a flattering way but she didn't seem comfortable in it and the most flattering clothes are ones that someone feels comfortable in.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."  She looked to Grace for clarification or reassurance or something.

"I mean I guess?"  Grace replied trying to hold in her laugh.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Nik joked sipping down some more champagne.

"And what is this music?" She asked glaring at the speakers in the ceiling. "It sounds like a cable car accident."

Grace muffled her laugh into the sleeve of her jumper, it was pop music but she had to admit Rebekah was right it did sound a bit like a crash.

"It's dance music." Stefan replied deadpan, he didn't really seem to be enjoying himself.

"People dance to this?" Rebekah asked completely bamboozled at the idea of dancing to the music that was playing.

"Hmm." Stefan replied with a small nod. He was probably thinking the same thing Grace thought. It did make her laugh, aside from the sales assistants that were no where to be seen Grave was the youngest in the room by a significant amount of years and as such her taste in music was widely different to them.

"Are we done?" Nik interjected looking decidedly bored.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah snapped.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace. And you lost it." Nik laid it out plain and simple, there was a slight growl to his voice which made Grace roll her eyes, for such a powerful man he sounded like a petulant child.

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years."

"So what do you think?" Rebekah asked giving him a twirl.

"I like it." He replied but she was not satisfied with his answer, that j up was clear by the expression on her face but he seemed clueless.

"What?" He asked defensively, when Grace gave him a sharp nudge to the side. "I said I like it."

Grace simply gave him a pitiful smile.

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan." She replied with a cool tone as she went back in to the the fitting room.

As soon as her back was turned Nik sent Stefan a glare.

"Nice one." Nik quietly joked. "Good work."