𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑
"𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑒, 𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑑𝑜 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑛 𝑎 𝑚𝑎𝑗𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡."
—𝐷𝑒𝑗𝑎𝑛 𝑆𝑡𝑜𝑗𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑐
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟒𝟐𝟖𝟗

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀, 𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐂, and Mr. Diggory parted ways with Riley and his family on the way back to the tent, they were joined by a crowd of mixed colours.

The greens were singing, cheering, and dancing as they headed back to their campsites, obviously overjoyed by the result of the final. Liliana was sure most of them wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight. 

The scarlets, however, were not as pleased as they groaned and moaned, dragging themselves back to their tents.

Liliana and Cedric were the farthest from being tired at that point; the excitement of the match and the energy around them was too much to let them fall asleep. Instead, they both sat on the lower bunk bed, talking about the match as Mr. Diggory read a book on one of the sofa chairs.

"The Wronski Feint that Krum did? That was so cool." Cedric grinned. "He played it to perfection! Good timing, good execution, and obviously, good result."

"It was dangerous though, I thought that Lynch was done for." Liliana's eyes widened. "You better not pull a stunt like that during your matches."

"I wouldn't even be able to if I wanted to," Cedric chuckled, waving a hand in the air. "It's way too advanced for me."

"Well, that's a good thing." She planted a kiss on the tip of his nose. "I'd rather you not die."

"Yeah, me—"

He was cut off by a loud, excited holler from just outside the tent. It seemed as though the fans of the Irish weren't done celebrating just yet, as could be told by the music, cheering, and thuds of dancing.

As the music died down, so did Cedric and Liliana's energy. It was around one in the morning when they finally bid goodnight to each other. Cedric took the top bunk since Liliana had already slept in the bottom bunk.

Only a few hours of blissful sleep had passed when Liliana was shaken awake, quite violently too. She slowly opened her eyes to see Mr. Diggory shaking her shoulder with one hand, the other reaching over the top bunk bed to shake Cedric.

"Get up! Cedric—Liliana—come on now, get up, this is urgent!"

Liliana sat up, her exhaustion replaced with panic as her ears perked up. 

Something was obviously wrong. The sounds of terrified screams rang from outside the tent, and the thud of footsteps running accompanied. This was much different than the cheery celebrations from before.

After the two had gotten out of bed with racing hearts, they hurried to follow Mr. Diggory out of the warm tent and into the darkness. 

There were a couple of fires that were still lit, and so they could only depend on that and the dim moonlight to see around them. The outlines of flying cloaks and faces stretched into screams ran past them, in all directions—mainly towards the woods that were near the first field.

The two still had no clue what was happening or the reason why everyone was so panicked. And because of this, Cedric asked with a small yawn, "Dad, what—what's happening?"