31. Not yet

Arianna De Luca

The sound of a gun being fired bought me out of my trance. I was too weak to open my eyes and my hands and legs were paining due to being tied up for the last couple of hours.

As I opened my eyes, I saw Dario standing there, more like having a fist fight with Michali. The both of them were beating the crap out of each other.

He was here. Without even a scratch on his body, he landed in Rome. He kept his promise. As always. I missed this beast so much.

Michali swinged his hand to punch Dario but he ducked and hit his stomach. Michali yelped in pain and Dario took this opportunity to elbow nudge him on his back. Michali caught Dario legs but couldn't lift him up. A man came from Michali's behind and tried pulling Dario away from him but Dario punched the person away from them. Matteo shot the man who interfered the two fighting and the man's now lifeless body fell to the ground.

More of Michali's people came inside the living room and naturally a fight between their and our men began. Men from both of the side were beating each other mercilessly. There was blood stains everywhere. Both the parties' men were bleeding and my floor along with the carpet and curtains were completed stained.

This thing went on for another 10 minutes, until Shane's voice boomed through the hall. All the heads turned towards him. He was standing behind Nina and he had a gun his hand.

"Drop your weapons or else I'll kill her." Shane said and our men, including Dario, put their guns down on the floor.

"Hands up. Everyone." Shane said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What're you? A school teacher?" Dario asked sarcastically and I stifled a laugh.

Shane narrowed his eyes at him but before he could do something, one of our men shot at his shoulder, making him drop his gun. Two men of ours tackled Shane to the floor.

I wanted to do something to help them and so I came up with an idea. I wriggled a little in my seat and luckily my hands could reach my jeans' back pocket. I slowly pulled out the pocket knife and started cutting all my ties. Literally.

Meanwhile, Michali and Dario were again engaged in their fight. At a moment, Michali punched Dario's nose and at the same time, one of their men, hit him at the back of his head, making him stumble few steps back. I was totally free of the ropes around my hands by now and so I started cutting the rope around my legs. Luckily, people from both ours and their side were busy in fighting each other so no one noticed.

I looked up and saw a man advancing towards Dario with a gun in his hand. Before I could process anything, I pulled out my gun from my boots and shot the man in the back of his head. The man dropped to the floor and was slowly dying. This gave Dario some time to get up and I rushed towards his side.

I helped him get up with my one hand around his waist. I wrapped his left hand around my shoulder, in a way he was supporting himself with my body and he slowly stood up to his height.

Michali once again advanced towards us and I cocked my gun, placing it right at the centre of his head, at the glabella, the place between our eyebrows. He put his hands up, alarmed and our men took advantage of this. They held his arms and legs and tied him to a chair just like I was earlier. Dario ordered some of our men to collectively attack Shane and since he wasn't professionally trained to fight, he was easily caught. Most of Michali's men fled away as soon as they realised that we were on the cusp of winning this war.

I saw Matteo rushing to Nina's side and uniting her hands and legs. I helped Dario sit on the nearby couch and simultaneously Matteo laid Nina's unconsciousness body on the couch next to us.

"It's over, Michali. You lost it." Dario said and Michali glared at the both of us with anger. If looks could kill, I'd probably be dead by now.

"Not yet." A voice said from the entrance of the living room and my eyes widened.

There was man standing there with Laura before him and a gun was placed near her temple. There was another man beside him, doing the same to Mia.

Both Laura and Mia had their hands tied at the back of their body and a cloth was tied around their mouth, preventing them from speaking.

God dammit!