Chapter XXXV

Cadence's POV

I arrive to a classroom full of seated students that all glance at me as I rush into my seat.

After running away I ended up becoming a bit lost and thus I barely made it to class on time.

My dress is a bit of a mess and I can feel that my cheeks must be hot and red right now.

From the corner of the room I see the twins staring at me with visibly concerned expressions.

On the right of them sat Eugene, who was watching me regain my breath with what seemed like a mocking expression.

Geez how embarassing can I be arriving to class in such an messy manner! My princess title is truly in name only, sigh.

Less then a minute after I had arrived, Miss Laora walked into the class as per usual.

[ "Good morning class. Today we have quite the exciting lesson planned. At last, you students will have your first ever magic prac class." ]

Miss Laora says with a smile.

I hear the students surrounding me gasp and whisper in excitement and anticipation.

However in contrast to them, I felt my chest sink and tighten.

[ "Please line up in an orderly manner and follow me to the practice dome." ]

Everyone in class quickly follows the instructions whilst I lag behind and end up being last in line.

The class begins to walk, following the lead of Miss Laora whilst chatting amongst each other.

Meanwhile I keep my head down low and grip tightly onto the sleeves of my dress.

Somehow the sound of other peoples voices and foot steps seem louder than usual.

When we finally arrive at our destination, the other students gasp and gaze in awe.

Suddenly I wish I hadn't told the twins I wanted to become more independent... If only I could just hide behind there back and embrace like I usually do...

Miss Laora is explaining something but it's all a blur for me.

After what seems like a while, my classmates all get up and disperse in different directions, forming multiple groups.

Each group is accompanied by an adult, all of whom I recognise as mages due to their signature black robes.

When I'm the only one who hasn't moved, Miss Laora walks over to me and kneels down to my height.

[ "Cadence what's wrong? All the mages here specialise in different areas of magic, all you need to do is simply go to the mage you like best or have the same aptitudes as. Don't be shy, there all very good teachers." ]

I stand in silence not knowing what to say.

At this point we've attracted lots of attention and everyone in class is looking at us, wondering what's going on.

When I don't respond Miss Laora changes from a smile to a more perplexed look.

[ "Are you perhaps unsure of who to pick? How about you tell me what your aptitudes are and i'll help you decide a suitable group." ]

She asks with a gentle tone.

My cheeks are burning as I feel my hands shake.

[ "...none... I have none..." ]

I finally manage to stutter out in a voice that is soft, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

The atmosphere immediatly changed when the words left my lips.