Chapter 9

I want to thank you all for more than 500 reads. It truly made my day.
I'm grateful for all the votes and comments.
Thank you for supporting my first book!!
Love y'all❤️

Nova

They were eight in number and all were armed with weapons.
I was scared as hell but stopped myself from panicking. I will not give them satisfaction by showing any fear, instead I stood alert and waited for them to make a move.

One of them started approaching me saying,
“Well, well, well! What do we have here?” he spoke in an unpleasant voice.
“The princess of Elysian, a sight for sore eyes” another one said licking his lips.
I felt disgusted and took a step backwards.
“I didn’t know she was such a beauty! Why don’t have some fun before killing her” another one said grabbing my hair from behind. My reflexes kicked in, so I quickly elbowed him and he stumbled backwards and fell on the ground.
Crap! I’m dead for sure!

He hissed in pain and looked at me with blood shot eyes,
“You bitch! You got some nerve ha? I am going to kill you” he yelled and charged towards me holding his weapon high.

“Stop! No one touches her. She’s my snack” a bone chilling voice said from behind.
I turned around and saw the most scariest man of them all. I could feel the evil and negative aura around him. He must be their leader. He was eyeing my body up and down with lust filled eyes which made me nauseous. Oh hell no! I won’t go down without a fight.

“Touch me and I’ll break your arm” I threatened glaring at him.
“You’re a feisty little thing, aren’t you? I like it very much” he said engulfing my waist and pulling me closer to him.

I couldn’t move my arms so I bit his shoulder so hard that I tasted blood, Yuck!
He screamed in agony and pushed me backwards. His shoulder was bleeding. I spit his blood on the ground and wiped my mouth. I smirked in victory.

The rest of the men charged towards me. I dodged few blows and kicked few of them. I know to fight, but I ain’t a pro. It's only a matter of time before I get knocked out, and yeah after a while a dude did knock me down by slashing his sword across my leg making a deep cut. Blood sprawled out from the wound and I stumbled down on the ground squealing in pain.

The leader slowly moved towards me and I crawled backwards with difficulty.
“I wanted to keep you as my little whore, it’s a shame I have to kill you now” he sneered at me showing his crooked teeth.

(Warning: Graphic violence ahead)

He raised his sword and I closed my eyes awaiting my end, instead I heard an agonising scream. I opened my eyes and saw King Nicholas in front of me. I screamed in terror at what I saw next. The leader was on the ground quivering and crying in pain, and his chopped arm lying next to him. Blood was gushing out of his shoulder like a river.

The rest of the men charged towards King Nicholas and he fought them single-handedly. He stabbed a man in the abdomen and his guts sprawled out on the ground, and another was stabbed in the throat, and soon enough he was lying in the pool of his own blood. The Devil was  unleashed. I wasn’t scared of these men anymore, but I was scared of him.

His eyes were pitch black and they looked deadly. I shivered when his eyes met mine for a second. Another man charged towards him, and he was caught off guard for a second which made him drop his sword. The men snickered, but King Nicholas chucked darkly which made me shudder.

He grabbed a man by his neck and tore his throat apart using his bare hands. I gaped in horror, as he ripped his limbs and arms. It was a gut wrenching sight. Bile rose up my throat, as he repeated the same process for the remaining men. Tears flowed freely from my eyes after witnessing such sight. I understood what everyone meant when they said King Nicholas is a monster, and today I had seen the beast inside him. Horrifying screams of these men filled my ears, as all of them laid on the ground dying a slow painful death. The Devil stood watching them as their lives slowly came to an end and all their screams faded away. After a while,a ghostly silence engulfed surroundings.