Family Reunion

Amber's pov:

"M-Mom?" Damien stutters.

I feel my stomach drop at his words.

His WHAT now??!!

Mother?!!

Oh no...

Oh no... Oh no... OH NO!!!

Could she have seen...

There was a moment of silence after his words as we are both just frozen in our seats.

Even my very own mind decided to go against me. It might as well be completely shut off because there was nothing processing in my head.

Which is weird because usually when I am in...

I'm going to say difficult but weird...situations like this, my thoughts tend to be everywhere, but now...?

Nothing.

I am getting NO connection, as in someone just turned the WiFi off in this house of Amber.

I'm telling you, there are noooooo bars.

And I don't know if it's because his mom caught us almost kissing or the fact that we almost kissed again in general.

All I know is that my heart just did an Olympic dive out of my body, because I think I just felt it stop beating.

There was a knock on the window, pulling us out of our thoughts as we both come to realization, and Damien, being quick on his feet, quickly rolls the window down, a small tint of red making its way onto his cheeks.

"I thought this was your car! Your father and I just went out for dinner in that restaurant over there..." she points at a small restaurant to the right, causing us to simultaneously turn our heads in that direction.

I didn't even notice where Damien ended up pulling over when we were talking about the whole lunch incident, but what's the chance that his PARENTS would be in the same place at the...

Same.

Exact.

Time.

"Oh... really?" Damien rubs the back of his neck nervously, turning back towards her from looking at the restaurant.

But I on the other hand couldn't even bring myself to look at her, or even Damien for that matter.

Probably because of the fact that I can't even get my HEAD to wrap around the fact that Damien and I almost kissed... AGAIN!!!

And in front of his own mother!!!

I can already imagine Liam rolling across the ground laughing as soon as he hears about this.

I'll never hear the end of it.

Well...

That is if he doesn't kill me at the first chance he gets from running away from him earlier.

"Yeah, well we thought it would be nice to try something different for a chance, plus, we were planning on heading over to see your sister. The restaurant seemed like a good idea since the hospital is only down the road from here."

Damien nods his, hearing his mother out before catching me by surprise and shamelessly putting his car in drive.

Now if I did that with my dad...

"Well it was nice talking to you mom, we gotta go-..."

"NOW hold on a second Damien Sean Black!" She says, crossing her arms over her chest at his rushed behavior, causing Damien to look over at her with his large doe eyes.