7.6

In the small heart of a town belonging to Mo Nation, the restless chatters of the people were heard. Excitement spread from all corners, markets booming with laughter and joy.

"The Mo Nation has successfully destroyed one of the Li Nation's strongest cavalry. This is all because of General Tang. Although he was sent on a separate mission, he was able to successfully devise a plan to defeat the Li Nation's cavalries."

"I heard that General Tang is returning back today. Who knows just how many lives General Tang saved with his plan, successfully leading the Mo Nation to win with such a wonderful strategy."

"Of course, after all, General Tang is the most powerful of all generals. He has a long history at war, able to break apart the enemy without much struggle. If the General was not busy in the mountains, he would've come back in time."

Listening to these conversations, two men walked side by side. The sun was high in the air, and it successfully brought out the features on their face that caused a commotion.

"It seems like your name is spreading even more now." Lu Fengmian leaned towards Tang Qingshan as he smile slightly.

Tang Qingshan shook his head lightly, "No, these praises belong rightfully to you and Yingyue. Without you, I wouldn't have been able to help the Mo Nation break out of the hold that the Li Nation had on us."

"Yes, but even if we had thought of these strategies, without your position, we wouldn't have been able to do anything. You also helped in planning out the strategies too, there is no need to be modest." Lu Fengmian merely dismissed.

By the time Tang Qingshan and his soldier had returned to Wuwei, Tang Qingshan took his cavalry of 10,000 soldiers and marched to destroy the Li Nation's cavalry in Qingyang. The war was still going on, but Tang Qingshan and Lu Fengmian had snuck away into a small town to investigate some minor information.

As they sat down at a small restaurant, they each took a sip of tea as they began scanning the people within the restaurant.

Truth be told, Lu Fengmian was beginning to understand how hard Tang Qingshan had to live, but at the same time, he began feeling this sense of fear from deep within him that Lu Fengmian loathed. But he pushed away his thoughts even as he began to focus on his task.

It didn't take long for another group of people to sit next to them, their bodies covered with elaborate designs. Lu Fengmian and Tang Qingshan had of course noticed, but they continued to talk to one another whilst listening to the men by them.

"I can't believe that the Emperor's dog made it back in time and even stopped Wu Shuang. If he was just a bit slower, that would've give me enough time to help my sister climb and fool the Emperor." It was a whisper so low, no one else could hear if they weren't next to the man, but both Lu Fengmian and Tang Qingshan had higher senses. Thus, even as they talked to one another, they clearly heard everything.

"Didn't the Emperor send you to defeat Wu Shuang? How did you get out of it?"

"How else did I do it? I fooled him. After all, with that royal bast*rd taking in an Empress, he successfully ruined all my plans to put my sister in that seat." The man noticeably gritted his teeth, his voice coming out with anger.

Tang Qingshan glanced towards Lu Fengmian's face, meeting his eyes that also stared back at him with the same smile on his lips as he took a sip of the tea.

Lu Fengmian noticed Tang Qingshan's stare and merely lifted his face with a smile. Noticing that their actions might start getting suspicious, Lu Fengmian called to a nearby waiter.

The waiter noticed them right away. How could he not when two very handsome man were sitting together? Without thinking much, he was able to tell that these two were nobles, their every actions were suitable to to be young masters of nobility.