THIRAKKADHA KAATUKKULEY PIRAKKADHA PILLAIGAL POLEY!!

It was 6.30 pm and they were in their car on their way back home. He had come to pick her up from work, her clinic at Adayar. His wife.

"Hey enakku epdi di theriyum,andha veena pona pudinavum Pacha molagavum theerndhu poidum nu?? Naa Edho venum nu panna madiri ipdi moonjiya thooki vachirukka pathu nimishama!!"
He tries to persuade her, trying all of his antics under his sleeves. Ridiculous!! She thought.

"Haan, un laptop ta poi kettu paaru epdi nu sollum. Work from home dana innaikku ??Naal poora oruthi namakku message pannitu irundhaley, oru anju nimisham andha laptop ah niruthittu, oru ettu kadaikku Poitu andha vaangi vaichuduvom nu thonucha unakku..akkarai irundha dana."
She huffs and looks out of the car's window, at the roads of Besant Nagar.

"Mullai, namma Trichy branch la oru major glitch aiduchu di . Naama dealers Ku panam send panni oru vaaram aiduchu aana avanunga stock anupala , Moorthy annanukkum avanunga sariya bathil sollala pola, annaney adha enna nu paarka solluchi. Adhukku apram naa delay panna nalla irukkuma sollu? .... Edho naan venum nu marandha madiri kochikkura! Naan dana di ketten innaikku biriyani venum nu, apram naaney ipdi pannuvana??" he tried to reason ,while looking at her apologetic and balancing on the steering.

"Ennavo po! Apram, chappathi muttai thokku dan innaikku...don't complain" she declares like a typical wife. Being in a salwar suit for the whole, day adding to her irritation.

"Baby please .. it's Friday night!" He pleads with his puppy face which he knows she wouldn't resist melting to.

"Okay fine ! Paneer panni tharen . Moonjiya Apdi vaikkadha!! " She bites her cheeks inward, trying very hard to keep her face straight not to give in so easily. Damn ! he looks so cute for words. The casual beige t-shirt and track pants that he wears always gives him the appearance of a college going guy. Nobody would believe if someone says that he is married and is a father to a 4 year old.

"Paarthuten di Doctor uh!! " He nudges her cheek.

Chuckling, he pulls over by a stationary, while she gives him a questioning look.

"Paapu Ku next week edo project ahm Di."

"Aama eco day ava school la . Edho trees pathi project nu avava teacher sonnanga. Group activity ahm. Aana adhukku innum time irukkey two weeks!." She wonders.

"Nee Vera! madam evening school la irundhu vandhadum varadhadhuma oru periya list oda vandhutaanga . " Idhellam venum daddy enakku ASAP" nu!
He mimicks his 4 years old perfectly with a tinge of pride, warmth , adoration and what not.

"Vaangitu pola na undu illa nu panniduva. Weekend Vera, enjoy pannatum kozhandha. Naan dho vandurren nee paatu ketutu iru ."
Laughing he got out of the car, switching on the music system for her.
He might be a forgetful husband, but never a careless father. It is one of those things, that makes her fall for him harder everyday, every minute, when she wonders if it is even possible to love him more harder.

Kathir. Her husband. The love of her life.
Theirs was a properly arranged marriage by both of their families.
Out of many tales of love that she has ever heard and known , theirs could put any another story to shame according to Mullai.

She was a dentist ,and him, a software person. Mullai dosen't really look into the details of the role he plays in his multinational company, but knows his single word can appoint and throw people out of their jobs. He is also associated with his brothers with their traditional business that was started by his father on his name. "PANDIAN STORES", a chain of super markets and departmental stores in South Tamil Nadu.