⇢ CHAPTER 54

season 8 episode 23

Without a care in the world, Lexie and Holly both ate ice cream as they danced around the empty apartment while April, Jackson, and Alex were partying in Meredith's house

"And then," Lexie continued, placing a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth as she spoke, "I told Mark I loved him as Julia came outside." 

"Oh, my God." Holly's eyes widened, eating more of her ice cream as well before she shrugged, "Boys are just... idiots."

Lexie nodded, her mouth full of ice cream as she chuckled, "Agreed."

Upon hearing the phone ringing, Holly sighed before placing the tub of ice cream down, as well as the volume of their stereo, and walked over to her phone, "Hello?"

"Hey," A man's voice chimed in from the other line, making Holly quirk an eyebrow at Lexie since the voice wasn't familiar, "is this April Kepner's sister?"

"Um," Holly awkwardly chuckled, "who's this?"

"I'm, um," The man cleared his throat, "the guy she slept with at San Francisco before ours boards," The man revealed, making Holly's jaw drop as Lexie frowned her eyebrows, not hearing what the man admitted, "can you pass me to her?"

"...She what?"

"Oh, April," Holly sang, walking into the Chief Resident room only April was in, "did you sleep with a guy at your boards?"

April, who was still struggling to recover from a massive hangover, squinted at her sister, "I was drunk."

"Oh," Holly nodded before sitting down next to her, stifling a chuckle as she mocked, "come, pray with me--"

"Holly--"

"Okay, I'm sorry." Holly genuinely apologized before sighing deeply, "I cannot believe this happened to the both of us--"

"I-It happens." April defended, "Right?"

"Yeah," Holly nodded, clearing her throat, "it happened-- twice, sometimes, if we're really drunk."

April's eyes snapped from the floor to her sister, "We have to vow off drinking."

"Agreed."

"'Thank you for your candor'?" Holly glared at Mark as the two, along with Derek, went up floors on the elevator before Holly slapped Mark's arm, "Seriously?!"

"What was I supposed to do?" Mark raised his hands in surrender.

"Oh, I don't know..." Derek added with a shrug, "Kiss her."

Mark paused, staring at the two before responding, "Julia's away on a conference. I'm not a cheater."

"Sure." Holly muttered under her breath.