Leonardo

Leonardo Luigi Garcia
Loud laughters were echoing amongst the large crowd, chanting songs in the heart of New York. Beautiful, dazzling and white smiles fixed on the toddlers seeing the dozens of variations of vivid sweets,placed behind the thin glass windows.People having the best time of their lives,celebrating New Year's Day and being blinded by the flickering fireworks.

Couple awaiting for the clock to hit twelve. A special moment for most. It's become a tradition to have a special someone to kiss going into the new year. Some debating if they can last another year with them or even have the perfect life with them.A forever thing.A lot of bullshit . Behind the act of perfection, there's always the harsh truth. Love does not exist. There is no such thing as forever.

New York.' A place were dreams come true' the famous fucking quote bring the millions of innocent people into the ' land of dreams' People really are taking their lives as a joke thinking this is some fairy tale shit. I have no idea why this place keeps getting presented as a happy place . A land of rich.  If you come here with the mindset of living a perfect happy life here , congratulation,you just became the number one target . Consider yourself dead.

Welcome to the land of some of the most dangerous men in the world. Me. One fucking mistake and you are dead. The sound of fear leaves traces as people start running at the mention of my name. The fear that reflects in people's eyes becomes addictive and intoxicating even after your first kill. Raised to become and be one of the most strongest and feared people on Earth. Control means power.

I am a man of my word till you disrespect me or my family. It's the only weakness I will ever have and willingly go to war at any moment for it.

I will not lie but I have to admit to my bad habits of sleeping around with women. I don't really give care about any of them .Why would I ?. It's a quick release before or after work . I work 12 hours straight so give me break . Some of them are harder to deal than others. A pain in my ass .Some are sure that they can fix when there's nothing to fix . I can't be changed . I will be damned if I let woman inside our walls. At least some are in it only for the money.

Love in my world equals weakness. The one thing that anyone from a normal person to enemy can use against to destroy you . Bring you down to your knees, make you beg for mercy until you have no more . I was fortunate enough to have my uncle by my side to remind me of the standards that I should not fail as a leader .If you let people get away with their actions or to close . They will walk all over you. Standards equal respect. Actions have consequences.

Whilst everyone spent their time pushing me to the limits and beyond, there was mia mamma ,who had hope regardless of what i have grown to believe. She always reminded me that one day whether i like it or not I will find my true love who is perfect for me and fits in our world. However when I was too young,I was blinded by the illusion of love regardless off my uncle's warning.The illusion of love, the most powerful thing. A happiness once in a life time that gets you killed.Love killed my parents.

Their love was strong,unbreakable I might say. I used to spend days looking at their connections admiring their bond in secret. They went through everything together. My mother was an beautiful ,innocent latina ,who was to pure for this world. She fought next to my father in his battles not giving up once even if she didn't belong in our world. My father fell in love with her innocence. He changed her more than anything. He was her undoing. She became one of the most powerful and respected leaders in the world. If my parents would have never been in the mafia , I would say they would be on those fake magazines were they show the hottest and happiest couple of the week. I cant deny anything because we were a big family ,who were happy but all good things come to an end.They always do.

Unlike many mafias or cartels that would arrange marriages between the eldest heirs to strengthen their power or increase shipments,my parents marriage was not planned or arranged.They were against human trafficking.Their marriage was beautiful .Giggles and chuckles filled the room . It was rare that my family came all together and actually saw smiles on their faces. Me and my sister were still young but i remember this day like it was yesterday. The day that I lost all my family only few remain now. The most important people in my live : my little brother, mamma and papa only the memory of them remain in my heart and my sister's .

Love got them killed. Trusting a man who was blinded by love. My father's best friend. A man that fell in love with a woman that was part of the rival mafia. He told them every little detail in the end he ended up dying a few hours later after the massacre of my mafia. He was being used for information. Love is weakness. There I stood in silence, watching my family scramble to pieces as they laid in the middle of the house taking their last breaths.

Mamma sacrificed her last word to reassure us " Never lose hope , you will be ok . Nova and you are the strongest people on this earth. Keep fighting. We will always love you" She said taking me in her embrace for the last time slowly closing her eyes.

My mind was a complete mess . Hopeless. It's was like all the air has been taking away whilst being stabbed with knifes constantly.That night I made a promise to avenge for them . No mercy

Ever since that day , I blocked emotions that would cause me to fail my mission and be came what I was born to be - a cold blooded killing machine. I do not spear anyone if they beg for mercy. Actions have consequences. I have no mercy what so ever . No one did for. y family.

I can not afford any weaknesses. Not in my world . I dont do dates or relationships. I have my sister, who has become the number one target in all my rivals eyes. Many tried to kill her but non were able to. I vowed to protect her even if it means I die. Her before me. Rivals and enemies have tried using her against me time after time but no one ever succeeded as they ended up six feet underground with every bond in their body broken either by me or mu sister.

People fear at the mention of The Garcia. We rose from the ashes when everyone thought we would fail after the massacre.

Couple year after the accident, she started training aside me ,pushing herself to limits that people thought are impossible. They now fear her nearly as much as me. What can i say she learnt from the best. I am proud of who she has become.

Get her involved in the mafia was never my choice. If it was up to me she would be locked up safe away from any danger even if i knew that she would be able to protect herself from any danger .

She always reminded me of mum. She hated me sleeping around always telling me its not a way out but she knew better than to interfere with it.

I am Leonardo Luigi Garcia , Il don del cartello italiano. They all will fear me .

Hey guys
the first chapter of Pure attraction is out. I am so proud. This story was originally what got me to start writing on Wattpad. Please vote and comment. Your opinions are so important to me 🖤

Update- this chapter has been fully updated.

Don't forget to vote and comment