I got sumin important to tell you.

"Jania, let me in

"Jania, let me in." I banged on her door.

"Why the fuck is you even at my house fa'? You don't get kacey until next week. Go away." I heard her say.

I sucked my teeth. "I'll deadass shoot this door down. & you know I will."

It was silent, until I heard her unlock the door.

As should.

"What do you want?" She asked me, while going into the kitchen.

"Sit down." I pointed to a chair.

"Wha- why?"

She looked at me in confusion.

"I got sumin important to tell you. Take a seat."

She stared at me, to see if I was serious before she sat down.

"What happened? Did someone die?"

I sighed. How the fuck imma tell ha this?

I'm finna just spit it out.

I took a deep breath, "I found ha'." I said, lowly while looking her in the eyes.

She stared at me, in confusion. This lasted for about 2 minutes, then her eyes widened.

"Your not talking 'bout who I think you are, right?" She asked, her eyes tearing up.

I nodded my head. "Yes. We found our baby girl."

"Kentrell, you've said this before. You just need to sleep on it." She told me.

"Jania. I'm serious. I found her." I looked at her with a serious face.

She started crying, sobbing in her hands. I walked to her, and hugged her while rubbing her back.

"Y- you're lying." Her voice cracked.

I shook my head. "She's at my house right now. She doesn't know we're her parents. I mean, we don't know for sure but I'm sure she's ours. It just adds up." I informed her, not feeling like explaining everything to her right now.

She looked up at me, and wiped her face. "Wait. Is it the same lil girl-

I nodded, remembering her thinking she was our daughter when they came over that other day.

She punched me in the stomach, lightly.

"I said that! You said no!" She yelled at me, tears streaming down her face. "I knew she was my baby when I first laid eyes on ha'. Mothers instinct." she sniffled.

I sighed, blinking my tears away.

She stood up, grabbing her purse.

"Where you going?" I asked.

"I wanna see my baby. Take me to her." She wiped her wet face.

~

"Kind!?" I yelled, as we walked into the house with Jania trailing behind me.