Epilogue pt 2

"Welcome to La Dolce! May I take your order?" the little girl asked, eyes wide open as she pulled the pencil from her little messy hair bun.

"You're... the little girl?" Namjoon asked, gasping as he was still shocked by her sudden appearance. But then he remembered the waitress's words, so he began to reach his hand out to the button, but then she grabbed his hand, tight.

"No, please!" she pleaded, shaking her head vigorously. "Don't call them!"

"But they told me to-"

"I just wanted to prove to Uncle Wook that I can do this!"

Uncle... Wook?

"What do you mean?" he asked, a bit curious now about this little girl.

"You see, I love seeing them writing down the customers' food and passing it to the kitchen," she pouted, tapping the pencil against her cheek. "Just because I'm a kid, that doesn't mean I couldn't do this!"

"How old are you?"

"Six, and next month is my seventh birthday!" she cheerfully said.

"For a kid at your age..." he chuckled, shaking his head as he patted her head. "You talk... like an adult."

"Well, mama taught me a lot."

"Mama?"

"Oh, Yeon Hwa, what did I tell you?" the same waitress called out, as she rushed towards Namjoon's table and grabbed the girl's hand. "Stay upstairs! Your uncle will be mad at us!"

"But... But please, just this once!" the girl begged, clasping her hands together despite being grabbed.

"No. Yeon Hwa, upstairs now-"

"Wait, wait," Namjoon suddenly voiced out, holding the girl's hand and freeing it from the waitress's grip. "It's fine. Let her be, with one condition."

He looked over to the girl, who had this disappointed look on her face. He smiled and poked her cheek as he said, "after you got my order, you sit here with me. I want to talk more with you."

"But sir... I can't let Yeon Hwa stay with you here. I don't know you," the waitress strictly said, pulling the kid closer to her. "She's our lady chef's daughter."

"'Lady chef'?"

"Our boss. Big boss."

"Park Hyun Ae?" Namjoon mentioned, getting a surprised reaction from the waitress.

"Oh? How did you know her?" she asked, covering her mouth. Seeing this, he smiled.

"Is Hyun Wook here, or Yoon Hee? Maybe Henry?"

"B-Both Mr. Hyun Wook and Mrs. Yoon Hee went outside. For Chef Williams, he's busy in the kitchen."

"Let Yeon Hwa take my order while you're here," he said, opening the menu book again and scanning through the book again as the kid was ready to take his order.

"One beef lasagna and an orange juice for me."

"Okay, done. Is there any more that you want? Oh, do you want any side dishes? I recommend the creamy mushroom soup. It's the best in the house, and it's mama's recipe," the kid suggested, earning a disbelief chuckle from the waitress behind her.

"Yes, I would love to have that too. That's all," Namjoon said, giving the menu book to the girl. "Thank you."

"I'll take that from here, Yeon Hwa because you can't reach the monitor," the waitress said, handing her hand out to the kid and getting the order. "Sir, are you sure that I can leave her here with you?"