eight

a/n: so.. thank you all SO SO SO much for 300 reads, you all are absolutely amazing and i'm so glad you like this book!

you and spencer lock eyes . not knowing what to say. he just stands there with his jaw slack.

"guys . it's just me. come on , i really gotta pee." morgan states again.

spencer unlocks the bathroom door. you both walking out , heads down avoiding any and all eye contact with morgan. derek chuckles as you walk by.

"i knew it was going to happen sooner or later." he says shrugging, your cheeks burn red and you hear spencer's breath stop for a second.

"yeah okay." you push off the statement walking back to your seat. seeing spencer slide into the seat next to yours. you sit in silence before spencer states.

" what the fuck are we going to do now?" his voice remains calm, but you know he's losing his shit.

"spencer it's just morgan, i know that man can keep a secret." you say. you weren't wrong. derek has still been keeping one of your biggest secrets. nothing bad.

you and morgan knew eachother before the bau. you and derek grew up together. he knew about your childhood. that was no doubt your biggest secret. but you don't talk about it. it hurts too much.

spencer sighs. derek then comes out of the restroom and stops in front of you two.

" i won't say anything. i promise. but still , the jet? really?" he laughs walking back to the front of the plane. you and spencer both laugh. feeling spencer's body relax next to you.

"y/n?" spencer asks , sounding slightly sad .

"yes, spence ?" you say back.

"i'm glad i'm doing this with you." he looks into your eyes. this was a different look . one you couldn't put your finger on , and before you could analyze his gaze was down at his book.

huh. that was weird. and why do you have butterflies in your stomach? god y/n what is this.. high school?

"me too, spencer ." you say back , going into your bag to pull out your mp3 player. you plug your headphones in listening to your music . when you feel spencer lightly tap your shoulder.

"whatcha listening to?" he asks.

"currently lorde." you reply with a small smile.

"can i listen with you?" he asks. you giggle, spencer listening to lorde wasn't something you would expect. but you shrug, giving spencer the other headphone. after a few minutes he speaks.

"her voice is different. not bad different. but different." he says , you nod in agreement. you let out a yawn and your eyelids start to feel heavy.

"are you tired ?" spencer asks. you shrug, and he repositions his body on the small couch , laying on his back. patting his chest. you climb over him laying your head and one arm over his chest. legs entangling on the small couch. and almost instantly you feel drowsy.

"sleep well, y/n." he whispers, leaving a kiss on your temple.

"mhm, you too spence." you whisper out. and you fall asleep on spencer's chest , still sharing the earbuds. the mixture of music and spencer's embrace and warmth sending you into slumber.

a/n: this is really short , but i have 2 big chapters coming tomorrow !! see y'all in likeeee 13 hours :) -kelly🤍🤍