Chapter 8

3rd person (that's new)

The demigods sat down at a table to watch the opening dance. Percy kept quietly commenting on how weird the wizard dress robes looked.

Eventually, the first dance ended and the next song began. People started joining the champions on the dance floor. Will held out his hand to Nico.

''May I have this dance?'' he asked with a smirk. Nico couldn't help but laugh at him as he took his hand. A couple of the students looked surprised to see them dancing together, but they ignored them and kept dancing. Annabeth and Percy soon joined the dance, along with Piper and Jason. The other four stayed of to the side talking for a while.

Meanwhile, Harry and Ron were not having quite as good a time. Ron was still a little angry about Hermione going with Viktor Krum. He had last minute, asked Padam Patil while Harry went with her sister, Parvati. Both of the girls sat at a table looking very bored. Harry and Ron, their dates forgotten, began talking about the newcomers.

''Who do you think they are? I mean we figured out they are the professors' friends, but do you think they're death eaters like Di Angelo?''Ron asked

''I don't know, but did you know that Solace and Di Angelo were dating?'' Harry responded, watching the pair in question.

''They aren't dating.'' said someone behind them. They turned around to see one of the visitors.''The name's Leo.'' He held out his hand and Harry shook it.

''You said they aren't dating, they seem pretty close though.'' Leo smiled and laughed.

''Yeah, they are close. They aren't dating because they got engaged.'' He smiled again and held a finger to his lips.''But I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you that so just keep it a secret.''He then walked away laughing, having successfully stirred up trouble.

Percy saw Leo walk away laughing after talking to a redhead and a kid with a weird scar. Judging by the looks on Will and Nico's faces, they saw him too.

''Gods I hope he didn't just tell them what I think he just told them; because if he did, I am going to strangle him.''Nico said looking utterly annoyed. Will smiled and patted his back.

''Come on it was bound to happen at some point. Just chill out, there's no need to strangle anyone.''Leo came walking over at that point and Nico turned to face him.

''You told them didn't you.'' Leo smiled sheepishly and burst out laughing.''What?''

''You should have seen the look on their faces, it was hilarious!'' They all laughed and talked for a while.

Later, Nico went to dance with Reyna for a little bit. Percy and Jason also danced together, laughing the whole time. 

Soon the ball was over and everyone went back to their dorms. The demigods were sleeping in a room next to Will and Nico's. 

When they got back to their rooms, they decided to play some games together. They played Uno for a while until it was around two in the morning. Everyone went back to their rooms to sleep.

TIME SKIP

The next day, the demigods had to leave. Will and Nico said their goodbyes and their friends boarded the train. As they walked back to the castle, Will grabbed Nico's hand and they walked together in comfortable silence.

Monday was Nico's first day back teaching since he ended up in the hospital. He and Will were sitting in their classroom as the student started walking in. After everyone was there, they all went down to the lake for sword practice. The students were put into pairs to spar with each other. Harry was with Ron, while Hermione was paired with Neville, who had already gone to the hospital wing three times in this class.

Hermione almost immediately disarmed and pinned Neville to the ground, but she helped him up and gave him a few tips. They went at each other again, but it took significantly longer for Hermione to disarm him.

Meanwhile, Harry and Ron were trying to handle their swords correctly when Draco Malfoy walked over.

''Oh wow, looks like we found something Potter's not a prodigy at.'' He laughed as Ron attempted to swing his sword at him, but missed severely. Nico noticed the commotion from across the field and went to see what it was. He saw Ron swing his sword at Malfoy.

''Mr. Weasley, what do you think you're doing?'' Nico was furious. Not only was Ron not partnered with Malfoy, but the latter was seemingly unarmed. Given his personality Draco probably did something to deserve it, but that did condone Ron's actions.''Thirty points from Gryffindor and a weeks detention.''

''But sir, he started it.'' Ron was very angry, there was no reason he should be punished for something that he didn't start.

''I don't care who started it, there is nothing he could have done that would make it okay for you to swing a sword at him.'' Nico turned to face Draco,''You're not injured are you?''

He shook his head, still frightened by Nico's outburst.

''Class dismissed.'' Everyone quickly went their separate ways, most toward the dining hall for lunch. Nico stayed back to put away all the swords.

''So, we've got our first detention.'' Will said while picking up swords.

''Yep, it's Harry Potter's friend too.'' They carried all the swords back to the classroom and put them in the closet.

Later that night, Ron showed up to detention with Nico. One of the desks, that normally line the wall, had been pulled to the center of the room. On it sat a piece of parchment and a quill. Ron sat down at the desk and waited.

After a few minutes, Nico walked in followed by Will.

''You will be writing an essay to tell me why you decided to swing your sword at Mr. Malfoy. If I find your essay sufficient, I will drop the rest of your detention. If not you'll be stuck here for a week.''

A couple hours later, the detention was over and Ron went back to his dorm. While Will and Nico also headed back to their room.

A/N
hey it's me again sorry about the crappy ending but I hope you enjoyed it
have a great day you beautiful bean;)