IV. YOU ARE UNWORTHY

All of us arrived back on Asgard after the chaotic events in Jotunheim

          All of us arrived back on Asgard after the chaotic events in Jotunheim. Although we were all safe, Thor wasn't so pleased with our return.

          "Why did you bring us back?" Thor asked. Very smart, brother. Why would our father bring us back from a realm where we were two seconds away from dying?

          "Do you realize what you've done? What you've started?" Father scolded.

          "I was protecting my home."

          "You cannot even protect your friends, or your own sister!" I stepped forward to say something but Loki grabbed my shoulder from behind and shook his head, signaling me to not engage. "How can you hope to protect a kingdom?" Father removed the sword from the Bifrost and tossed it to Heimdall. "Get him to the Healing room! Now!" Volstagg and Hogun carried Fandral on their shoulders as Lady Sif followed the three to the Healing room. Loki and I stayed as Thor and Father continued to fight.

          "There won't be a kingdom to protect if you're afraid to act. The Jotuns must learn to fear me, just as they once feared you." Loki and I continued to stand in silence, watching our brother and father bicker.

          "That's pride and vanity talking, not leadership. You've forgotten everything I taught you about a warrior's patience." Father was right, Thor's pride got in the way and almost killed us.

         "While you wait and be patient, the Nine Realms laugh at us. The old ways are done. You'd stand giving speeches while Asgard falls."

            "You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy!"

            "And you are an old man and a fool!" Thor finally snapped. Bad move, brother.

          The Allfather just looked down in shame, knowing our brother was right. "Yes. I was a fool... to think you were ready."

            "Father..." Loki tried stepping in.

          "HEY!" Father snarled. I flinched before grabbing Loki's arm and pulling him back. We've never seen our father this angry before. "Thor Odinson, you have betrayed the express command of your king. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you've opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war!" Father placed his staff in the Bifrost to open it. I started to worry, thinking of what Father would do.

"You are unworthy of these realms! You're unworthy of your title!" Thor's cape was torn and parts of his armor ripped off by Father. "You're unworthy... of the loved ones you have betrayed." Father steps back, taking Mjolnir from Thor." I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out!" Father blasts Thor with Mjolnir, sending him back through the Bifrost.