Chapter 8: Kyojuro Rengoku. Second Pillar Training Arc

After such a lovely night next to Shinobu you woke up and saw that you were alone in bed so you immediately got up fixed the bed and got dressed in your new uniform and sword which made you very feel proud of yourself for once.

You went all around the estate looking for her, but to no avail. Instead you went around helping Aoi and the girls with their chores. Including tending injured Corps members. This didn't bother you at all, especially since you were in debt to all of them.

When you finished up you went looking for her again before being stopped by te trio of young girls.
"(Y/N)-San you're going to leave tomorrow, right?" Kiyo said while all three of them had a very sad expression on their faces. "Yes but don't you worry for me, your aniki is strong and will come back" You said jokingly as you closed an eye.

"I'm also going to surprise you all today. So be prepared" You said while patting their heads and smiling. They all bolted with joy. "I'm excited for what you'll do" Sumi said "So am i, so am i." Naho added while they walked away.

After walking all over the place you went to Kanae's altar. There you found Shinobu sitting in front of it giving her prayers, meanwhile you were just looking at her from the distance. When she got up you walked towards her only to be greeted by her face full of concern. This actually surprised you by a lot.

She was actually asking Kanae to take care of you as much as she could.

"Are you alright?" You asked as you put your hands on her shoulders to which she embraced you in a hug
"I'm worried about you" She said with a distressed tone of voice. Hearing this made you smile and you hugged her even more.
"There's nothing to worry about, besides I'll be with the Pillars" You said trying to calm her down.

The problem was that you were going to be with Pillars. This means that you were going to be in more danger than other members, after all their missions were more dangerous and difficult to complete.

Of course you didn't really think about it but you were prepared for anything anyway.

"Hey I'm going to take Aoi with me to buy some stuff." You told her while pointing at the door behind you with your thumb. "Actually, ask Kanao to go with you please. She may not talk but I feel like she needs to know you some more" She said while still having a sad expression on her face.

You may be dating now but you still weren't sure what you were sort of allowed to do. So you decided to kiss her on her forehead and left the room. She stayed shocked by this cute gesture.

You walked towards Kanao who was in the garden surrounded by butterflies. "I'm sorry to interrupt you but Shinobu asked for you to come with me to go buy some stuff from main street" You said as gently as you could. She only stared at you without saying a word which made you feel kind of uncomfortable but as you started walking you noticed how she followed closely behind you so you had nothing to worry about.

After walking quite the distance you felt weird about her being so silent. "Say Kanao, what breath are you specializing in?" You asked trying to strike a conversation with her, but she remained silent. After walking some more you then turned to see her, her expression was very stern but she was very cute so it didn't really matter. "Is there anything you like to do? Like a hobby" You asked once again.

While you were walking you noticed that she pulled out a coin which surprised you. She then flipped and caught it. After this she looked at you "I specialize in Flower Breathing and i enjoy blowing bubbles" She calmly told you. You got very excited and happy she talked to you.

"Do you choose what to do with that coin?" you asked while she looked at you giving a small smile. "I only use it for when I'm not told what to do" She calmly replied to you