33. Protect Her

Dario De Luca

I changed into a fresh pair of clothes and went to the black room in which Michali, Shane and Adrian were kept.

It's been a month since the war. It took so much time for Arianna to get used to the fact that Mia sacrificed herself for the sake of her life. Arianna fainted when she heard this and she was so mentally disturbed by the news that she barely ate anything for the upcoming two days.

I didn't leave her side even for a minute. I helped her in everything that she did and took great care of her. We cooked together, watched movies, I took her to a fancy restaurant for a date, she taught me how to play the piano, we spent lots of time in the garden admiring the view, we swam in the backyard pool, we had endless matches on the pool table and what not.

I was very patient with her and I can gladly say, she's in a better condition now. Laura and Nina frequently visited her and have helped so much in her betterment. I'm so grateful for the both of them.

I shook my thoughts off and entered the black room.

A/N : I'm skipping some parts of the interrogation since it's all boring. Basically, Adrian helped Michali because he's his boss and Michali attacked Dario due to the revenge he always wanted to have. Michali purposely choose the hour of Dario's absence to attack him because he thought it'd be easy to win that way. There was nothing more to his plan. Dario handed Michali over to his men who tortured him for three months and one day he died due to excessive bleeding.

~ The Same Day ~

I now went towards Shane and took a seat before him. He looked at me and I could sense some fear radiating off of him. I still couldn't understand why he'd betray all of us and what did he get out of all that he did. Why side with Michali?

"Let's not make it too long, tell me Shane, why did you betray me? I thought you loved my sister. What made you turn against her brother?" I asked and kept a knife on his fingers. He knew by now that if he doesn't answer, I'll chop his fingers off.

"I still very much love her. I did all of this to protect Laura." Shane said in a fearful voice.

"Explain." I commanded patiently.

"When Michali got to know that Laura is your long lost half-sister, he though to use her as an loose end to reach you. He thought he'd poison Laura's mind and use her as an undercover agent or something but Laura really likes you and is very happy to have you as her brother. He then targeted me. He contacted me and threatened me that he'd kill Laura if I don't part with him or disclose inform about you. I once tried to inform Matteo but before I could complete what I was saying, Laura was hit by a ball in the garden where we were. I understood that this was a warning and so I had to support him in order to protect Laura. He knew I'd do anything to save her so he used me." Shane said and I nodded my head.

"Shane, I understand what're you saying but it's not my decision to make if I'd wanna forgive you or punish you. It's honestly Nina's call. You did hit her pretty hard." I said and looked at Matteo.

"Dario, Matteo, no I didn't. You can ask Arianna, she was there all the time. I didn't touch either of the two ladies. I'd never hit a woman. Let alone them." Shane said and I nodded my head as I called for Nina.

She was present here today since she had something she wanted to talk to Matteo about. She shortly came downstairs and stood beside Matteo.

Shane once again explained everything to her and begged for forgiveness. At this point he didn't care if we'd kill him or not. His one and only wish was to apologise to Nina, Arianna and Laura, most of all. He felt as if he cheated on Laura even though he did everything just to protect her.

I was fine with either of what Matteo would want to do with Shane. I was honestly so worried about how Arianna was doing that I didn't care anymore. All I wanted to do was get up and go home so that was exactly what I did.

I took a quick shower at the warehouse and changed into some fresh clothes. A pair of jeans, a black turtleneck T-shirt and an overcoat since it had started getting cold outside.

I took the keys to my car and off I drove to meet my wife.