05

Embarrassed

"What's an embarrassment?"
"Have you ever accidentally blurted out that you like someone in front of them? That's what."

He grabbed her hand, making Mishil stare at Namjoon's figure with hurt eyes. Not that Namjoon saw them, but he knew the effect of his words on her. The way the whole body stiffened gave the fact away. He thought she was gonna leave him hanging in here but instead, she lined her whole arm, shoulder to wrist, and touched Namjoon's skin, trying to bring him comfort.

Namjoon saw how uncomfortably her palm was hanging off, trying not to brush against his.

Namjoon grabbed his soulmate's hand and laced their fingers, making the girl snap her head to look at him with wide eyes.

"You were uncomfortable. You need it more than me." Namjoon said, avoiding eye contact. "Thanks for caring," Mishil whispered, her voice numb. Void of any emotions.

When they both laid back on the conjoined beds, she turned to her side and placed her palm under her cheeks. Namjoon followed, happy that he could convey that he wasn't happy about Mishil letting go of her family just like that. What he didn't know was what he exactly had done.

||Next Morning||

"Say ah!" Soo-Ah held the spoon at Mishil's lips. "If you say so,!" Mishil pouted, before reluctantly letting Soo-Ah feed her the soup.

She and Namjoon's conditions were improving with each passing hour. Though she was still a bit weaker the doctors remained optimistic. During their latest visits, they allowed the two soulmates to start eating light food, here were Hobi and Soo-Ah sitting by the bed.

While Hobi watched Namjoon down the soup, Soo-Ah fed the girl, who hadn't regained enough strength in her right hand to feed herself. Once the soulmates were fed, Soo-Ah brought out a bag.

"Here! I got you a phone." She handed Mishil the store crisp bag. "Thanks! You used my card, didn't you?" Mishil asked, taking the box out of the bag. It looked quite expensive.

"Doesn't matter. Just open it and tell me if you like the colour." Soo-Ah said, trying to grab the box from Mishil's hand. She couldn't pry her best friend's fingers from the box.

"Yes or no, Soo," Mishil asked, looking straight at her best friend. "Okay! Cut the stare. I paid for it. Why does it matter? It's just a phone. Let it be." Soo-Ah said, shrugging.

"Just a phone? This costs way too much! Dude, seriously!" Mishil said, sighing. "I'm paying you back for this," Mishil announced, shrugging. "Oh hell no!" Soo-Ah yelped, shaking her head. "Dude, this costs a lot. I can't just accept it. It's not I'm bothering you any less. I can't take this Soo-Ah." Mishil's voice grew smaller.

"Look I was gonna buy you this even if you hadn't chucked the old one out of the window. And, what are you on about? I'm your family Mishil! I should be at least allowed to do this for you. Would you refuse if Auntie had..." Soo-Ah abruptly halted at her words, when Mishil's face fell at the mention of her mum.

"What I'm saying is I just wanted to get this for you. Okay! Now shut up and take it." Soo-Ah smiled, rubbing Mishil's arm. She sighed before looking up at Soo-Ah with glassy eyes and managed a smile, which didn't go unnoticed by either Hoseok or Namjoon.