Chapter 32

For the Hallowe'en feast, the students of Hogwarts were asked to wear costumes.

Before leaving for the feast, the Ravenclaws showed their costumes off to each other. When Mia showed her finished look to her roommates, all of their mouths fell open, but not in a good way.

"So?" Mia twirled around. "Thoughts?"

"Girl," Sage looked her up and down slowly, "you're brave."

"No, you're scary," Lois frowned as she took a step backwards. "Like, I'm actually terrified."

"Good," Mia nodded proudly. "That's the point."

"I don't think you should go out in this," a girl called Gwynn frowned at her. "I mean, this is quite rude of you."

"Rude?!" Mia crossed her arms. "I'm sorry, should I go as a fairy instead? Would that make you feel at ease?"

"Yeah," Lois nodded.

"Mia, you look just like her!" Gwynn exclaimed. "You'll frighten everyone!"

"Isn't that the point of Hallowe'en, though?" Mia argued.

"But you're dressed as Bellatrix Lestrange!" Gwynn narrowed her eyes. "It's like you drank Polyjuice Potion!"

"Thank you," Mia flipped her now curly black hair back. "And just so you know, I won't change. I put a lot of effort into this costume, these were actually her clothes!" She pointed at her body. "I asked my grandmother to help and everything!"

"I think it's great," Sage shrugged. "You're certainly terrifying. It's definitely better than dressing up as a cat," she shot Gwynn a look. "You're a Ravenclaw, girl, where's your creativity? Is that the best you could do?"

"At least my costume won't offend anyone," Gwynn argued.

"Yes, they'll barely even notice it," Mia examined her nails.

Gwynn scowled, then grabbed Lois' arm. "Come on, let's go."

The two of them left before Lois could say anything.

"By the way," Mia turned to look at Sage. "I love the whole Dementor look you have going on."

"Thanks," Sage grinned, then she put the hood of her costume on and walked closer to her. "I will suck all the happiness out of you," she said in a creepy voice.

"Jokes on you, there is no happiness inside of me," Mia said, trying to act like how she thought Bellatrix would. "Maybe later after I killed a mudblood or two."

"Oof," Sage put a hand over her heart. "If you talk like that in front of the others, you might start some drama."

"It's not my fault they're so sensitive," she rolled her eyes. "It's not like they care about my feelings. I mean, she is my relative. Or was."

"Right," Sage nodded. "Well, if you're ready for some criticism, we might as well go."

"Bring it on," Mia squinted her eyes, then they left their dorm and went inside the Common Room.

When they arrived, Mia spotted Flitwick, whose eyes widened when he took a look at her costume.

"Evening, Professor," she greeted him, while Sage just nodded from under her hood.

"Madam Lestrange," Flitwick muttered, not believing his eyes.

"Convincing, isn't it?" Mia asked. "Don't worry, it's just me. Mia Malfoy."

"Yes, of course," Flitwick nodded slowly. "And the Dementor? Miss Zamora, I expect?"

"Exactly," Sage said, sounding like someone with a sore throat.