Epilogue

Ignore mistakes please

The longest chapter in my history (3.4k+ words)

Third person P.O.V

"I- it wasn't me." Jungkook said seeing Taehyung grabbing his phone back with his shaky hands and marching towards the door.

When Taehyung didn't say anything in response, Jungkook felt his heart drop.

He followed Taehyung in his sweats and started the drive to the location. Both were silent as Taehyung was oddly silent... not crying... not looking out of the window.... just staring at his hands.

Jungkook was internally panicking about his behavior but he preferred to keep himself silent for the time being. It took one hour to reach the hospital where Jin was already waiting for them with Namjoon.

Taehyung quickly came out of the car and ran to the counter to ask, Jungkook followed him till they were standing in front of OPT.

Jin hugged the blond tightly, saying some soothing words to calm him but Taehyung was still not crying.

"How?" Jungkook asked Namjoon who sighed while closing his eyes.

"We received the call from Police on Jin's phone that someone shot Kim Hyungsik while he was being transferred to the central jail." Taehyung's ears perked up but he silently listened to their conversation.

"Police successfully arrested the shooter on the spot and transferred him to the investigation center. But the weirdest thing is that he said it was you who paid him to kill Kim Hyungsik." Jungkook's blood boiled on that but internally he was afraid.

Jin did say the same on the call and since then, Taehyung wasn't saying a single word to Jungkook. The way he was behaving gave a single hint, he did believe that.

He turned back to face Taehyung who was now sitting on a side bench with Jin and crouched in front of him, ignoring all the police officers around the area.

"It wasn't me Tae.. believe me. I would never hurt you that way again. I-- I promised." Jungkook stuttered with his slightly shaking voice and Taehyung moved his eyes to glare at him.

The room of the OPT opened right at the moment and the doctor said that the operation is successful and the patient is fine. He was lucky that bullet just hit him on the shoulder instead of his chest.

A relief washed over Taehyung making him slump more onto the bench. Jungkook decided to give him some time because Taehyung was disturbed emotionally.

They waited for the whole night and finally about 3 am, Hyungsik opened his eyes. The first name he called was Taehyung.

"D- dad?" Taehyung spoke softly when he entered the room and saw his father's beating heart monitored by a machine.

"Here." Hyungsik opened his eyes and patted the bedside for his son. Taehyung walked with his still-shaky legs and sat there.

A stream of tears started to fall from his eyes finally. Hyungsik sadly smiled and brought his hand up to wipe those precious tears.

"Don't cry Tae."

"I was s- scared... so.. so scared." Taehyung croaked out leaning forward and snuggling his head near his father's stomach. Hyungsik sighed in relief at the gesture and patted Taehyung's hair gently with his hand.

"I was also scared for a moment. I thought that I might die before seeing your face once again." Taehyung shook his head, still snuggling.

Minutes passed as Taehyung kept crying while Hyungsik calmed him gently. The thing other desired for years was finally happening.