1// A New Day

"Ishu come on get up

"Ishu come on get up. You are going to be late for your classes." Someone calls out to me but I am still sleepy so I lay down lazily.

"Dikri uth jaa. Aur kitna soyegi meri bachchi?" This time it is my Janki Phui(aunt) who starts to shake me gently.

(Wake up daughter. How much will you sleep, baby?)

"I am up Phui." I sleepily mumble but sit up after a few seconds before a big yawn leave my mouth.

"That's my good girl. Now, get ready for your college. Kuhu will be here in a few minutes." Phui says while kissing my forehead. I nod my head before getting inside the bathroom for my morning routine which is basically showering, brushing my teeth, and getting dressed for the day.

After getting dress in a pink crop top and a pair of black jeans I take my bag before going downstairs where I know everyone is busy eating breakfast. I take blessings from my Dada(grandpa) and Dadi(grandma) by touching their feet before doing the same with Papa and Kaka(uncle).

"Who will take my blessing haa?" Gautam Bhaiya asks me while wiggling his eyebrows. I pout because he always likes to brag about being older than me by seven years. Papa chuckles seeing the pout on my face before petting the chair beside him for me to sit. I smile brightly before sitting down beside him. Roshni bhabhi, who is my big brother Gautam bhaiya's wife puts chocolate milk in front of me with bread and butter before kissing my cheeks lovingly. I kiss her cheeks in return with a happy smile.

"That's unfair. She is younger than me so she should take my blessing too as she takes from others." Bhaiya whines like a toddler. We all laugh at him not taking anything seriously because it's his every day's tantrum. I quickly finish my breakfast before taking the lunch box that Phui has prepared for me. I hear Kuhu's scooty's horn so I hurry up and get out of the house but not before saying goodbye to everyone.

"Are pagal jaldi kar. Hum college ke pehle hi din late ho jayenge." Kuhu says before starting her scooty when I sit down behind her.

(Come on crazy hurry up. We are going to be late on the first day of college)

"I am not the one who is driving idiot," I answer her while holding her tightly.

"Uggghh okay you are again correct." She replies with a huff. I giggle in return at my best friend's antics. After taking a lot of turns because of Delhi's heavy traffic, we are able to reach our college on time. Kuhu parks her scooty in the parking slot and soon enough we are walking towards our class.

We are both doing a Masters in English and we are the students of the final year. We have been studying in the same college since we have passed our twelfth a few years back. When we reach our classroom, we see that the class is completely full but the last raw is clear of any student so we go there before sitting down. Some students start to gossip between them about me and that's starting to make me uncomfortable. They always do this because they think I am some freak for not talking to anyone besides some teachers and my best friend Kuhu. They also accuse me of being arrogant because of my good grades.