Chapter: 52B (Dawn's POV)

For those of you who want to make sure you know what's going on, this is chapter 52 prom Dawn's perspective (page two for those of you who want to match up what's happening).

Chapter 52B- Holding Me Together 

Dawn

Is that what you looked like last night when you were about to kiss me, Paul? I wondered as I stared into his eyes. They were tight with concentration as he studied my face, his mouth slightly open. I knew his breathing had increased. I also knew he was really struggling with how he felt.

It hurt to know that even if I was struggling too.

I wasn't sure how to feel, or if I had any control of what I did feel. I felt like I loved him, but I didn't know exactly how much he cared for me. It was more than he'd really let me see, I knew that. But why didn't he just say? Why did he have to keep me waiting like this?

For the first time, I thought Paul might be scared. I'd never even thought of him as being capable of being afraid, but as he looked at me I could see a tinge of that. But what was he afraid of?

I felt the chilly morning breeze again and shivered, still cold despite Paul's jacket. I needed more than just his jacket to keep me warm and I didn't think he realized that yet.

There wasn't much space between us and I saw his eyes move to my lips for a second before he stared into my eyes. I didn't want to kiss him right now. Not when we were so hurt. It wouldn't help anything, even if there was a weird ache that made me want my lips to touch his. Instead, I took a step forward and hugged him tightly. He remained frozen for a second before thawing, his arms wrapping around my body securely. I felt his face in my hair and squeezed myself against him.

"Please don't keep me waiting," I repeated softly. I felt him nod and he squeezed me tighter.

We stood embraced. I felt his warmth began seeping into me and relaxed, wondering how the person who was breaking me was also the one who was holding me together.

Hey!

I know, still a pretty short chapter, but just think about how fast I updated for once! 

Thanks so much for reading. 

Pokemon Question of the Day: Cat Pokemon or Dog Pokemon? And is that the same as your cat or dog preference? I guess you can answer both, but seriously, if you HAD to choose one, which one?

Dedicated to RukiaKuchiki18 for being a great friend and for reminding me to post! 

Have an awesome day.

-Flips