025

! chapter twenty-five !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"WHAT DID THE BLOODY idiot do now?" Haven asked a few days after they'd arrived back at Hogwarts. There hadn't been much excitement with their return, not like she was complaining. It was nice to be somewhat relaxed for once, although she felt anything but calm every time Draco glanced over in her direction. They hadn't talked much since their kiss, but Haven didn't fail to notice how his eyes always fell on her when she walked into the room. She didn't mind it, actually, in fact, she was enjoying his attention. She'd never admit it out loud, though.

Harry led her to the infirmary after informing her that something had happened to Ron. The twins quickly walked down the hallway, narrowly avoiding crashing into other students. "I told you, it wasn't his fault. He got poisoned or something."

"How odd," she mused as they stepped into the room. Haven had only been in the infirmary a few times throughout her years at Hogwarts. Once, her second year when Harry's arm got broken. When she fell off her broom during a Quidditch match, and, well, now. There were a few people crowded around Ron, who was lying unconscious on one of the cots. Hermione being one of them, and Haven held back a knowing smirk.

Dumbledore glanced over to them as they walked in, and gave Harry a curt nod. "Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar. You must be very proud of your student, Horace."

"Hm? Oh yes, very proud."

"I think we agree," McGonagoll stated. "Potter's actions were heroic. The question is, why were they necessary?"

"Why indeed?" Dumbledore asked, walking over to Slughorn who had a bottle of something within his grasp. "This seems to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this?" The headmaster lifted it up to his nose, sniffing the liquid inside. "Which, by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry, when not polluted with poison."

Snape pried the bottle from Dumbledore's hands as Slughorn began to speak again. "Actually, I intended on giving it as a gift myself."

"To whom, might I ask?"

Slughorn hesitated. "To you."

"Where is he?!" A familiar feminine voice rang out, and Haven recognized it as Lavender's. She bursted into the room, brushing past Snape, who seemed to glower at the girl's presence. Haven resisted the urge to laugh. "Where is my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?" She let out a heavy breath. "What is she doing here?"

Hermione defensively stood up, her jaw clenched as her eyes narrowed to slits. "I might ask you the same question!"

"I happen to be his girlfriend!"

"I happened to be his...friend."

"Don't make me laugh," Lavender scoffed. Haven shared an amused look with her brother, and she noticed that he was also holding back a snicker. He pursed his lips together to keep in his chuckle once Haven's face broke out into a grin, and they both immediately glanced away from each other before they lost it completely. "You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up now that he's all interesting."