One: Introduction

I needed to get out of my apartment. My roommate was driving me crazy with her relationship drama and today I was not in the mood for it, I wish they'd just break up for good at this point. I don't really mean that but you get it. With an audible sigh I grabbed a nearby jacket and slid my feet into my crocs, grabbed my keys and left. Slamming the door on my way out. Their loud voices trailing off as I made my way down the hall to the elevator, I aggressively thumb punched the button but it never lit up

"It's down again" I heard a soft voice say from behind "Gotta take the stairs" one of my neighbors explained holding the door open for me as she'd just come up. Another audible sigh pushed through my nostrils.

"Thanks" I say, waiting for her to pass by before I let the door close behind me and jogged down to the lobby from the fourth floor. I pushed through the doors and felt the evening air welcome me, I exhaled fiercely not even realizing I had been holding my breath "Oh my god"

The air was cool but not cold, it felt so good. Summer was over and autumn had made her entrance in the world, I looked left then right and decided to go right. I just started walking, no destination in mind. I needed to put as much space as I could between them and me, I was walking for nearly an hour before I found myself at a park as the sun was setting. It was beautiful, I saw a bench up ahead and decided to watch it in peace. A strong aroma of coffee and caramel came from nearby, looking around I saw a street vendor selling hot beverages so I made my way over to him and stood behind the two people in front me. The person in front was a tall man who seemed somewhat familiar from the back but I couldn't possibly know him, hell I barely met anybody the whole time I've been here and I've been working and living in South Korea for eight months already.

"Miss? Miss?" the vendor called out in Korean, I was lost in my train of thought and hadn't realized I was next up.

"Sorry" I apologized and ordered in his native language. My Korean was really good but I had a mental delay sometimes when speaking, nonetheless I was able to get through my days fairly well "Card?" I asked holding up my debit card

The vendor shook his head no holding my apple cider hostage "Won" he said

"Seriously!" I huffed, stuffing my card back into my pocket "No, thank you. I'm sorry" I said pitifully

"I got it" a deep voice spoke in perfect English as I was getting ready to walk away. I looked beside me to see the man that was in front on me in line handing the vendor two thousand won "Here" he smiled handing me the warm cup

"Thank you" I smiled back "You didn't have to"

"I wanted to. Enjoy" He raised his cup and I mine, back at him "Have a good night"

I nodded positively at his request and turned to walk back to the bench to finish watching the sunset alone. I took a sip of the hot cider as I sat on the fair left side, it felt so good warming my body on its way to my stomach. I inhaled the crisp air that was now cooler since the sun was no longer visible, the pink and purplish streaks in the sky gave a sweet glow to the city. I continued staring straight ahead  until the sky was navy blue and the moon began peaking through the clouds. Having finished my hot beverage I decided I'd better get back home before it was too late and I risked getting tired. I stood up with a stretch and heard my phone fall out my pocket, as I was bending to pick it up I noticed it coming towards me in a ring decorated hand.

"Here you go" that voice again

"Thank you. Again" I smiled. Even though it was dark now I knew it was him, I could see the street light reflecting in his glasses and his wide smile. I'm sure I've seen this man before but I could not place him "Wait, where did you come from?"

"I watched the sunset too" he said pointing behind him to the opposite side of the park bench. How did I not notice him sitting there this entire time? I was really wrapped up in my thoughts "Are you okay?

"Yes I'm fine, now" I admitted followed by an awkward silence "Well, thank you again for the cider, I can pay you back if-"

"Please don't worry about it, no big deal" he chuckled "What's your name?" he asked

"Ami" I blurted out quickly then looking away

"Nice to meet you Ami, I'm Joon"

"You too" I laughed "That's easy to remember. My bias from BTS is Kim Namjoon" I continued laughing until I realized I was the only one "Sorry, I don't know why I said that... well I'm going to head back home now. Bye" I bid him farewell and turned to walk away when I bumped into a wall, no not a wall, a tall and muscular man in all black. "What the hell?" I cursed almost falling backwards to the ground instead Joon caught me, helping me stabilize myself.

He began arguing with the large man in Korean and I stood there not knowing what to do. From what I understood it sounded like Joon was in trouble for sneaking out. I looked around to see if anyone could hear them but most people were too far away to notice. Looking back to the situation I saw another man approaching Joon from the back, he must have felt his presence because he turned around as if on cue. I saw his shoulders drop in defeat, he looked over at me and then back to the two surrounding him from his front and right side.

"At least give her a ride home, it's dark and cold" he pleaded in English

"No!" I yelled "Th-that's okay, I'm fine really. I'll walk back, it's not that far"

"You're not walking home alone, at night" the two men looked at me then at Joon then at each other then back at me. They looked unsure of their telepathic decision but began walking towards me as I backed away not knowing what was about to happen

One of the men also spoke English "Miss..."

"Ami" I filled in

"Miss Ami, Namjo-uh, Mr. Kim asks that we escort you home. Where do you live?"

"Seriously, that is not necessary." I protest with my hands "It's really not that far, I'll be there within an hour"

Joon grabbed my wrist and pulled me along as the two men followed closely behind. I saw a black van ahead with a third man in the driver's seat, the first guy that appeared got in the front passenger seat after making sure we were secure in the back. The second man walked back in the direction he initially came from.

"Tell him your address" I did as I was told, sinking into the large seat, staring out the tinted windows of the van. According to the GPS it was an eighteen minute drive to my complex. The vehicle was dead silent with the exception of the robotic, female voice of the navigation system.

This is not at all how I thought my night would turn out. I just wanted some fresh air and to clear my mind now I'm in a dark van with strange men that now know where I live. Am I really this stupid? Oh my God Ami, use your brain... wait a minute

"Mr. Kim? Joon...Joon? As in Kim Namjoon?" I questioned out loud turning left to face the familiar stranger "Holy fuck you're RM!" I yelled before clasping my mouth with both hands. The light from his phone screen highlight his honey skin

"Surprise" his wide smile faced me displaying his famous dimples.