1

"Status Report"

I ignore the cramping of my muscles and the tingling of my limbs as I stay tangled in the rafters of the warehouse. The scent of moldy underuse and dust clogs my senses and I'm nearly driven insane by the constant dripping sound that echoes throughout the entire building. Still, I stay deadly silent. 

"Still nothing" I inform under my breath, not daring to speak louder or move, lest someone see me, "The weapons exchange hasn't happened yet."

I hear Tony huff in annoyance. We got word of a massive weapons exchange happening in downtown Chicago today between a powerful, well-known weapons manufacturer and a downtown gang. Tony had me infiltrate the gang's headquarters an hour before the exchange to catch the manufacturer in the heat of the moment and keep the weapons off of the street.

That was four hours ago.

"Maybe someone called it off" I suggest, my voice tired but still hopeful.

"If they did then we've missed the biggest weapons bust of the century" Stark replies.

"We'll get them, Tony. We will" I assure.

"Speaking of annoyingly optimistic people, how's Steve doing?" Tony not-so-subtly asks. My lips lift into a half smile.

"Why don't you ask him yourself, Tony? He's only a phone call away" I whisper, my eyes trained carefully on the people below me milling about as usual.

"When he calls first" Tony shoots back. I have to bite my tongue to keep from scoffing. 

"You two really are like bitter members of a broken up band" I inform, my eyes squinting to make out who has just stepped into the warehouse. My heart skips when I see a woman in clean, formal attire.

"Tony, they're here" I whisper, adrenaline pumping through my veins.

"Finally," he retorts, no doubt changing his flight course from circling above to stoop down and give me back-up, "Let's take 'em down"

I watch the people in the warehouse congregate around the open middle area the professional woman walks to. Behind her treks in a crew of people in professional wear, all clutching briefcases and each with a tightly set mouth. Two rather large men come up beside the woman, obviously her security.

"Do you have the guns?" One gang member asks, one of his body guards stepping forward with a briefcase of his own. The woman nods.

"If you have the payment"

Once the words have passed her lips, I untangle myself from the rafters and drop down to the floor. My blonde hair flows long and down as I urge the mask of my suit to raise. The deep purple stealth mode that Shuri helped install lightens back to the normal emerald and I land soundlessly in the midst of the group. 

"I'm not too sure your boss would like it if he knew you were selling his products on the streets" I announce, gathering the attention of every person in the room. Clicks sound through the room as guns are drawn and safety's turn off. Every barrel and end is pointed to me.

"Why doesn't anyone come easily?" I question, more to Tony and myself than to the group. As if on cue, Tony bursts through the door in his Iron Man attire.

"Cuz then our jobs wouldn't be so much fun" he responds cheerfully.

Then the gunfire begins to rain.

I roll, dodging the bullets that whiz around me and sweep my leg out to ground the nearest person to me. Once I stand, I let my venom pool around my palms before easing it into the six people before me that Tony isn't taking on. With a deep breath, I throw my hands out and send each person flying backwards, a trick I've managed to make easy in the past year and a half. I urge the gas out of the now-unconscious people and turn to see the other half of the group grounded as well. Tony stands triumphantly, the helmet of his suit receding.