Chapter 35

**********************************************************************************************************************

I awoke Sunday morning in Archer's big bed alone. I frowned as I stretched and looked around the room. A groan left my lips as my bones made satisfying cracks and pops. My limbs felt heavy as I sat back against the headboard and rubbed my eyes. The events of last night came rushing back to me and a blush warmed my cheeks.

God, what had come over me? I was so happy when Oliver woke me up to apologize. I could tell that he was still holding back on me, that some things were being left unsaid. But I also knew he was genuine in his apology, and his wish to move forward. I figured we weren't back to normal yet, but at least we both wanted to be.

Then the heavens parted and my father—the most stubborn man in the whole world—said he'd try. Pride swelled in me again as I thought about Archer driving to see him. Growing up a daddy's girl, I'd always dreamed of a man respecting my father enough to be a bit traditional. Sure, Archer and I both did things out of order, but it meant so much to me that he valued us enough to go there. I had been so overcome with relief and euphoria that I had run right to Archer's house to wait for him.

I blushed deeper as I realized I hadn't actually been experiencing euphoria—yet. Archer showed me that later on. My mouth dried up as I thought about the way he had made me feel. I had completely lost control of my body and senses, it was like someone else had taken over. It was embarrassing to think about the noises I'd made but I couldn't hold them back. I had tried in the past to figure out my lady-mechanisms—but when you don't know your destination, it's hard to navigate there.

Holy moly, Archer knew where we were going.

I cringed when I realized that he obviously was very experienced with the female anatomy. I didn't want to think about Archer being intimate with anyone else but I knew it was the reality. Anxiety crept over me as I went down that rabbit hole.

Archer had insisted we stop last night before things went too far. But I knew that usually there would be some reciprocation on my end. How was I supposed to know what to do? How could I be as good as the other girls without any experience?

Just then the bedroom door opened and Archer walked in with two steaming coffee mugs. He smiled when he saw I was awake then his eyes flicked to my warm cheeks.

"What were you thinking about up here?" He smirked with a raised brow. He set the mugs on the side table and dropped onto the bed next to me, kissing my hairline.

"W-why didn't you wake me up?" I asked as I tried to settle my anxious thoughts.

Archer frowned slightly at my nervous stutter. "I tried," he said softly. "You punched me in your sleep."

A giggle burst from my mouth. "I did not!"

"Yes you did," he laughed, relaxing next to me. "Luckily we both know you can't punch. But I figured it'd be safer to go make coffee then try again."

I rolled my eyes at his little jab and shook my head with a weak smile. Archer twisted to look down on me again as he appraised my face. "What's the matter, Sweetheart? Normally a comment like that would rile you up."

I hesitated for a moment as I stared back at him before I sat up taller and tucked my legs under my bum. Might as well bite the bullet. "How many people have you slept with?"

A strangled noise came from the back of Archer's throat as he froze and stared down at me. "I don't—uhm—Why do you want to know? I don't see what good could come from this."