chapter 47 | Ending

"It's fine, it's just 1 pm here. What is wrong?" he reminds me of the time difference I almost forgot.

"It's...about y/n...Does she...Is she all right?" I worry about her, noticing and seeing in each of her texts and calls how different her mood is. "Well, so-so. I can't lie to you, she seems to be having a difficult time right now. I honestly thought this would disappear within a few weeks, but she must be very attached to you."

I sigh but do not even feel astonished. "I knew it. She tells me she's okay all the time, but I know she isn't..." I exhale, sharply and close my eyes, feeling horrible these last days the more I see y/n not handling the distance. "Hey, don't be worried, I and your mom are there for her, she's also been talking to her best friend a lot. She can stand it for you."

"What do you mean 'she's been talking to her best friend a lot'?" I frown and glance down at the floor of my bedroom, but a humming sound goes out of him. "I think she's been spending some time every week-end with him lately..." he tells me what I, thank goodness, already got to know from her. "She told me about that..." I barely voice out, feeling some jealousy since those moments between them only have been repetitive. "Are you worried about their relationship?"

"I..." my answer doesn't leave me, my guilty uncertainty making it hard for me to say what I truly think. "No...and yes...I don't know. I want to trust her."

"I think you can trust her, Jungkook," he reassures me as much as he can. "She's really a sweetheart, and if she was cheating, or trying to, I don't think she would talk about him at all. She would try to lie, wouldn't she?"

"I guess," I try to agree with him, hoping for his assumptions to be right. I lie down on my bed but pull my hair back. "Has she been talking about me?" I ask, feeling like she might care about Minjae a lot more. "Not really, and I even try to avoid talking about you because I can feel that hurts her, but whenever she says something about you, it's like to tell me she misses you and that she wishes you were here. It's like everything she sees or hears reminds her of you."

I do not answer anything to this, fearing that she might be losing her feelings for me. Maybe I expected it, but I shouldn't assume anything, I might be wrong. "What has been going on in your head exactly?"

"I'm having bad thoughts, I know I shouldn't think that way, but I know she's not happy, she's hurt because of me, and she's been failing a lot of her tests...maybe..." I hesitate before telling him the truth. "Maybe I should...put an end to it...or try to let the distance just...drift us apart...everything is replaying again, dad...I'm not there for the one I love...I'm hurting her."

"Jungkook...don't say that," a heavy exhalation from him makes me a second thought. "You know this is completely different. That woman didn't love you while y/n truly loves you, she's doing her best at school just for you, she wants to make you proud, she even spends her time sending you some gifts every time she can...she's maybe hurt because of the distance but breaking up with her won't solve the problem. I'm sure of it."

"Dad..." my eyelids shut, and I rub one of them, attempting to calm my headache. "This is better for her if she finds someone of her age, it's only been four months, and she hasn't been able to be all right at all. She will never stand it, I can do it, I can wait as much as I have to in order to see her again because I'm happy with her, but the fact that I'm only causing her to lack love, affection, and all that someone needs in a relationship, just ruins me."

"Answer me honestly, do you think she'll be happier once you tell her you want to break up? Whether this is by phone, or by coming back home just to tell her this," he tells me the right words, leaving me speechless. I cannot say anything, I know this will make him be right. "See. You know this isn't a good idea, you should not even have it on your mind."