Chapter 74: Stickman

Not qualified to be a parent.

Hearing the answer Zarad had pried out of the other, Xie Luan's left eyelid immediately lightly twitched.

Xie Luan could more or less understand Morrison's way of thinking. It wasn't that the other didn't love the cub dearly, and neither was he actually reluctant to adopt him. He was merely dissatisfied with himself and believed that he was unfit to be the cub's parent.

But looking at it from Xie Luan's perspective, there was no doubt that Morrison met the standard of a parent.

Morrison had decided to save the cub from such a dangerous battlefield, and had then proceeded to care for him. He had nursed the cub well, the other was already qualified.

If they could convince Morrison to adopt the laili cub, Xie Luan believed it would help the cub overcome the mental scars left by the war.

"Who is the baby writing about?" Xie Luan squatted down and picked up the white paper the laili cub had scribbled a few letters on with the coloring pen. Holding up the paper, he warmly asked this.

Intentionally asking like this, the moment his voice fell, Xie Luan saw the fluffy laili cub waddle closer.

"Gu~ Gu-Ji!" The little cub's eyes were bright as he waved his flippers up and down while issuing a clear, crisp voice. Seeing how bright the cub's eyes were, the one he was thinking of was clearly a very important person.

After hearing the cub's still young voice, Xie Luan watched the laili cub once more pick up a coloring pen with his sharp beak and scribble on the white paper he had put down.

Xie Luan had, today, on a whim gotten out the coloring pens and papers as toys for the cubs to play with. In this world, if they really wanted to write or draw, they had to instead use something called an interactive board.

Ordinarily, the caretakers at Yunbao branch would hand out the interactive boards to the cubs when they were taught the universal interstellar language. It made the cubs better remember what they were taught.

What was the cub drawing? Xie Luan looked at it. The drawing was almost like those of the little kindergarteners of his world, a baby who was just a few years old. However, the lines were a little more crooked, after all, it was no interactive board.

On the white paper, in addition to the word "papa", there was now a tall stickman in the blank space next to it.

This stickman had no lower left arm, the two dots for eyes were brown, and his hair was brown as well.

He couldn't make out its specific appearance but by the stickman's leg there was also a small round circle with two black dots for eyes. The small round circle stood near the stickman, they seemed very close.

Although it was a very rough drawing, Xie Luan once more picked up the white paper. Looking down at the drawing, he couldn't help but reach out and touch the head of the laili cub in front of him.

The drawing was not difficult to understand. Several characteristics of the stickman matched Morrison's. Xie Luan right away knew whom the cub had drawn.

"This is papa, this is baby, right?"

Xie Luan pointed to the stickman and the round circle on the white paper, and in an encouraging tone said this to the laili cub who was looking up at him.

"Gu~" Replying, the small tail behind the laili cub immediately shook left and right.

He seemed to be standing a bit taller, and the cub's already soft and fluffy belly became more prominent as a result. It really made people want to stretch out their hand and touch it.