CHAPTER 2

Az
Song: Call you mine- Chainsmokers ft Bebe Rexha

"Chale, you get Charger?" a male voice asks from my left . He's got an accent and it's definitely not Cameroonian. (Chale is a Ghanaian slang for friend)

I look in that direction and there's a chocolate brown skinned guy standing at the bar. He's talking to the short ugly bar guy.
He has red shorts and an African print shirt on. It's not buttoned, exposing his abs. The light's not bright enough, but I can notice just how smooth his skin is. He has a low afro which has been shaved at the sides. He's tall, not too tall but tall enough. The more I look at him, the more attractive he becomes.

"We no get" Baldy answers. "Na bar this, no be charging spot."

"I know but you fit still get, just check." He asks, politely.

"You want take the charger go wuside?" Baldy asks putting his tray of empty glasses on the counter.

"No, I go charge the phone for here." He replies. Baldy looks around and then back at him.

"Charge am for wuside?"

"There na" the guy says pointing in the direction of the plug on the wall.

"So you want beg charger, beg light, wey you never even buy one bottle. You no dey Ok." Baldy says and picks up his tray "E no dey."

"Abeg, my phone dey off. Make I just..."

"E no dey! You no di understand English?''

That isn't English, you're speaking gibberish!
Why is he so harsh and angry? What kind of service treats their customers this way?

"Ah ah Chale, why you di talk for me by heart? Na charger I di beg, no vex." The guy begs looking frustrated already. "I fit use ya own?" ('by heart' is a Ghanaian slang for 'anyhow')

"Ma own weti?"

"Ya phone. I go pay you." This guy is apparently too dumb to take a hint.

"E show sey you don smoke something."  Baldy tells him and turns to walk away. People laugh from all corners and I feel somehow sorry for the guy.

"You can use mine" I propose, without realizing the words are already out of my mouth.
The guy looks at me and fuck if he isn't hot.

I pick my phone and hold it out to him.
"You can use mine" I repeat. "I think I have enough airtime on it."

"Um... Are... are you sure?' he stutters clearly as surprised by the offer as I am. "One of them is an international call."

"You could use my Whatsapp." I offer.

"No, my little sister doesn't have Whatsapp."

"Either ways, I still have enough airtime to suffice both calls."

"OK... thanks" he says and takes the phone hesitantly. "And I won't have to pay." he adds looking at Baldy with a smug face.

"Password?' he says handing me back the phone.

"Trump is sexy... all in capital letters'' I tell him and take another sip of my drink as if that is the most normal password ever.

"What???" he laughs in surprise and the guy sitting closest to me spits his drink back into his glass before joining him in laughter.

"You didn't hear me? I said 'Trump is sexy'' I repeat with a straight face.

"Oh my God." He laughs, pronouncing God as 'Gad'.

"What's so funny?"

"Sorry, I just... it's not a regular password" he says, still giggling.

"That's the point" I say and put my hand over my mouth while letting out a low burp. "It should be hard to guess."