9: That's The Idea

"Momma...Why aren't you moving?

Mommy, please...answer me.

Don't leave me. Please... DON'T LEAVE ME!!!"

Rin shot up from her hospital bed and her head was spinning.

"Ugh, I feel like shit." She said to herself while leaning over and grabbing the side of her head. Well, she thought she was talking to herself.

"I'm glad you're awake." She looked to find Shinso sitting in a chair next to her bed.

"What's up eye bags, why are you here?"

"When I heard what happened I had to come see you. To make sure you were ok." He stood up and hugged the girl on the bed. "You've gotta stop scaring me."

She let out a small giggle and returned the hug. "Sorry about that. But I'm gonna be a hero so, running into danger is gonna be the norm now."

He backed away and looked at her with an 'are you serious' face. "If that's how you feel then I'll just brainwash you and make you drop out." He turned his back to the girl in a pouty expression.

"No! I'm sorry. Please don't do that, I hate it when you get pouty." She flailed her arms around until the door opened up to show principal Nezu. "Oh, hey Nezu."

"Hello Rin, are you feeling better?" He asked while walking in.

"Honestly I'm really hungry so some food would be nice." She scratched the back of her neck.

"Yeah, I want some chocolate!" Venom appeared, not phasing anyone.

"You're acting like a child." The girl said while a drop of sweat ran down her face.

"I'm sorry, who saved everyone's asses back at the villain attack. Oh yeah ME!"

"Us...you would have never gotten the chance if I didn't let you have control."

"How long are they going to argue before they eat something." Shinso asked Nezu while the other two bickered.

"Probably for an hour. But we should get the food now before Venom eats us." Nezu said.

"Yeah." A drop of sweat ran down Shinsos face.

"So Nezu, what happened after I passed out?" The girl asked while Venom was calming down.

"Well the other teachers arrived, but the villains got away. We also closed the school for today." Nezu explained.

"Wait. Didn't the USJ attack happen today? Speaking of which, what time is it?"

"It's 12 in the afternoon, and the USJ attack was yesterday." Shinso said

"Oh, how is goblin, is he okay?"

"His arms and some bones in his face were fractured. He didn't get any serious brain damage but his orbital floor was severely damaged. His eyes might take some damage when he recovers." Nezu said.

She dropped her head and clenched the blanket covering her legs. "It's my fault." The two looked at her with worried looks. "If I moved faster I could have helped him. Instead, I just sat there like an idiot." Tears perked at the corners of her eyes.

The purple haired boy placed a hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him with a sad expression which broke his heart. "It's not your fault. You helped more than anyone else, even the pros."

"B-but I ate it's head. I haven't done that since...I'm a monster." She pulled her knees into her chest and hugged her legs.

"Rin, if you didn't step in, then who knows how many people would have gotten hurt." Nezu said, trying to ease the girls thoughts.