⇢ CHAPTER 56

season 9 episode 1

Holly happily placed a fry in her mouth as she sat with Meredith and Jackson before Alex sat down next to her, asking Meredith, "You really doing the intern appy?"

Meredith tilted her wrist as she hid a smile, "Jealous?"

"He's too busy just doing the interns." Jackson revealed, fighting a smile.

"Oh, gross, Alex." Holly shook her head as she pushed his arm, "You really need to stop doing that or I'm gonna give you all the sucky residents and interns."

Alex looked at the Chief Resident and squinted before Meredith voiced, "Are you gonna say good-bye to your fan club before you leave?"

"I've been saying good-bye all day." Alex admitted, making Meredith and Holly pull disgusted faces.

"Nice." Jackson nodded, fist-bumping Alex.

"Gross." Meredith and Holly corrected.

"They're gonna be sad to see me go." Alex added, twisting his head to get a look at the interns before glancing at Jackson, "You may have to step up, Avery. Comfort them a little."

Jackson looked at Holly quickly before answering, noting their eyes had locked in that brief second, "No sloppy seconds for me, thank you."

"You're a surgical fellow." Alex continued, "Might as well enjoy the perks." Holly awkwardly cleared her throat as she took a sip of her drink, "Besides," Holly placed her cup down, "you need to get laid. You haven't banged anybody since Lexie."

Jackson, Meredith, and Holly all froze in their place, the mood immediately shifting as Meredith and Holly stared at Alex and Jackson looked at Holly worriedly, knowing the name would bring back the bad memories for her.

Alex, who needed a few seconds before registering why the women were staring at him, cleared his throat, "Sorry, Mer, Holl."

"I-I have..." Jackson spoke, trying to lighten the mood as he looked down at his food and ate, "banged people." 

Holly's eyes glued onto Jackson before she tilted her head, "Y-You have?"

Alex and Meredith smirked at each other as Jackson froze, "I, uh," Jackson cleared his throat, trying to figure out a way to get out of his lie, "um--"

Meredith held in a laugh before walking away, deciding to announce who won the intern appy in time for her to avoid another group of interns behind Holly when one of the interns curiously asked the other, "Is that her?"

Holly froze, clenching her jaw as she stabbed her fork into her salad and the boys quirked an eyebrow, not wanting to intervene until necessary, "Oh yeah," The other intern whispered, failing to have a low enough volume for Holly not to hear, "she was one of the Seattle Grace Six. She lost her friend and went crazy-- she wasn't even here until a month ago."