Chapter 4

Recap:

"What happened," I ask as Hope puts her phone on the counter.

"Somehow, the girls found out that you work at the hospital," Hope tells me.

My eyes widen, "What?!"

I feel my pager go off in my pocket. "Great," I say when I see what's on it.

"What is it?" Hope asks.

"I'm needed back at the hospital."
———

Present

Tatum's POV:

"Hey, what's up?" I ask Hailey as I walk into the hospital.

"There is no medical emergency," Hailey says making me stop walking.

"So why was I paged?" I ask her as she stands in front of me.

"Please don't be angry," Hailey say making me glare at her a little.

"What is it?" I ask.

"There is a room full of a bunch of soccer players that won't leave unless they see you," Hailey says making my face drop.

"I guess they're stuck here then," I say as I turn around.

"Nope. Not happening," Hailey says quickly standing in front of me, "You are going to go into that room, right now Tatum. I understand that you are hurt, but it can't be like that forever. Please, Tatum."

I sigh, "Fine. What room are they in?"

"They are in the extra room next to Christen's," Hailey says.

"Alright, I'll see you later," I say walking towards the room.

Once I get to the room, I stand in front of the door. I hear talking coming from inside and I open the door. The room becomes silent as everyone turns their head towards me. I notice the people in here, Alex, Carli, Ashlyn, Ali, Jessica, Crystal, Julie, and Kelley. Then some new players I haven't met, Sam Mewis, Emily Sonnett, Rose Lavelle, and Mallory Pugh, and Lindsey Horan.

"Hey," I say breaking the silence.

Carli starts to walk over to me and smiles once she stands in front of me. She pulls me into her and I hug her back. "Hey, kiddo," Carli says as she hugs me.

"Hi, Carli," I say quietly.

Crystal and Jessica come up next and both pull me in for a hug.

Next is Alex. She walks over and stands in front of me. "I'm so sorry," Alex says before pulling me into a hug.

"It's ok," I say and Alex pulls away.

Ali walks up and doesn't say anything. Shr just quickly pulls me in for a hug. "Hey, Ali," I say as I hug her.

"Hi," she responds then she lets go.

Kelley stands there looking at the ground. "Kelley," I ask making her look up at me, "Did you know?"

Kelley quickly shakes her head. "I had no idea, Tatum. I would of told you," she says quickly.

"Ok," I say as I look at her.

I open my arms and Kelley smiles before running into me. "I missed you so much," Kelley says as she tightly holds onto me.

"I missed you too," I say as I tighten my hold on her.

After Kelley, Julie walks over and I smile.

Julie then let's go and I look at the new players I haven't met before. "Hi, everyone. I'm Tatum Solo," I say and most of their eyes go wide.