- 1 8 7 - THE FLAW IN THE PLAN

"YOU'VE BEEN A PAIN IN MY ARSE, BLACK," Bellatrix sneered as she shot a spell, but it was blocked by someone that was not Lorelei

"YOU'VE BEEN A PAIN IN MY ARSE, BLACK," Bellatrix sneered as she shot a spell, but it was blocked by someone that was not Lorelei. Lorelei grinned and sent one back, Bellatrix easily blocking it. "I've been waiting to kill you for years."

"Too bad you never will!" Lorelei shouted, another spell narrowly missing Bellatrix. The witch grinned further.

Bellatrix began to laugh as she threw a spell that landed right above Lorelei's head. "You'll end up like everyone you've ever loved. Sweet, sweet Embry. He had a whole life, didn't he? Wouldn't have been much being an ugly, half-breed--"

"SHUT UP!" Lorelei shouted, her talons growing as she sent spell after spell. It seemed most people were watching the witch and the mermaid duel. Lorelei growled, "FUCK YOU!" Every spell she shot, she took a step forward. Bellatrix's eyes widened at Lorelei's speed of spells, not expecting her to be able to take control of the fight so easily. When Lorelei was close enough, she was able to swipe her talons across Bellatrix's face, the woman screeching in pain as she fell backward onto the ground. Her wand rolled from her hand when she reached for her bleeding face--an eye was bleeding ferociously, and Lorelei wondered if she had punctured her eyeball.

Lorelei's wand was pointed at Bellatrix, the evil witch now staring at Lorelei with her one good eye and a terrified expression on her face.

"See you in hell, bitch," Lorelei growled, her eyes that were blacker than night glowing slightly as she finally sent the spell that everyone was waiting for. The jet of green light hit Bellatrix straight through her heart, Bellatrix's eyes wide full of fear as she seemed to topple over.

Bellatrix was dead.

And Lorelei was the one to do it.

There were cheers and a scream of pain that was from Voldemort himself. Lorelei turned and locked eyes with Voldemort, the twisted smile on Lorelei's face not faltering. If she died now, it would have been worth it. Bellatrix was dead. Voldemort was about to shout the spell, but a loud voice screamed, "Protego!" silencing Voldemort.

Harry fucking Potter pulled off his Invisibility Cloak as he stood in between Lorelei and Voldemort.

Lorelei let out a choked sob, her eyes lightening ridiculously fast at seeing the boy who always lived right there, alive! George had been pushing past people to get to the mother of his child, and he ran forward, pulling Lorelei behind him. Cheers that happened when Harry revealed himself were silenced as Voldemort and Harry seemed to circle each other.

"I don't want anyone else to try and help," Harry called loudly, "It's got to be like this. It's got to be me."

Voldemort hissed. "Potter doesn't mean that," his red eyes wide. "That isn't how he works, is it? Who are you going to use as a shield today, Potter?"

"Nobody," said Harry simply. "There are no more Horcruxes. It's just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good..."