➳ 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦

a/n: u probably didn't read the first chapter (author's note) so u don't know this but—i said that if the year is in 2016-2020, think about will & mike as noah & finn; like their outfits, hair & stuff. the bowl cuts & short shorts definitely don't exist in 2010's. lmao

—2019–

*phone rings*

"Ugh," Will groaned. He looked for his phone with his eyes closed and still laying on his bed. He opened his eyes and saw Mike calling him, making him frown but then answered the call right away.

"What do you want?" Will asked, annoyed.

"Thank you for finally answering!" Mike sarcastically said.

"Yeah, I said what do you want?"

"Okay, so here's the thing—"

"Just get to the point, Mike!" Will yelled.

"Why are you so mad?"

"You ruined my deep sleep! I only had 3 hours of sleep, Mike. Are you kidding me?"

Mike sighed on the other line. "Okay, I understand. I'm sorry Will, but please, I just need your help."

Will breathed heavily and closed his eyes. "What is it?"

"My mom forgot to pay for our electricity bills..."

Will frowned. "And?"

"She's out of town and can't come right now to pay and have our electricity back again.. so, uh.. do you mind—"

"If you come over?" Will cut him off.

"Y-yeah.." Mike stutters.

Will rolled over his bed and sat down. "Of course."

Mike grinned—but remembered that Will can't see him. "Thank you, Will! You're such a life saver!"

"Anything." Will said and hung up.

***

It's been about 20 minutes since the phone call of Mike and Will. After hanging up, Will immediately got up and got ready—he took a quick shower, brushed his teeth and so on.

He also made his and Mike's breakfast, since his mom and his brother are both at work and didn't have the time to make him some food.

Will sat on the dining table and was about to take a bite of his food, until he heard a knock.

"Will! William! Willy!" Mike calls him.

Will opened the door with disgust. "Ew, what?"

"I said Willy," Mike teased and walked in as Will closes the door.

Mike put his stuff down on the couch before walking to the dining area.

"You made these, Willy?"

"Stop calling me that," Will rolled his eyes.

"What, so I can't make you nicknames now?"

"What do you mean?"

"You made Mikey, remember?"

"Well, you liked it! Mikey is cute! Your Willy sounds... annoying. It's like Willy Wonka or something." Will took a bite of his food, and so as Mike.

"Willy sounds cute! Like Wheelie. You know, Willy, Wheelie, Wheeler.." Mike smiled at his own made up names.

Will just stared at him playfully. He chuckled and continued eating.

"Hey, what if we get married?"

Will almost choked on his food after hearing what Mike said. "What the hell, Mike?" he kept coughing.

Mike frowned. "What—Will, are you alright?"

Will recovered from coughing and took a sip of his water. "You are so weird, Michael."

"No—I'm talking about the last names," Mike said clearly.

"H-huh?"

"Like—whose last name should be used? I can't imagine that," Mike paused.

"That what?"

"You know.. do we use Wheeler or Byers? Do we change or not?"

"How—how the hell did you get into thinking of our so-called-marriage, though?" Will scoffed.

"I mean—just think about it.. William Wheeler. Will Wheeler. Doesn't it sound like some sort of tongue twisters or something?"

"Then we use Byers." Will shrugged.

"Mike Byers... Hey, that's a brilliant idea! Michael Byers? Hell yeah!"

"Okay but why are we talking about this again?"

"Because of Willy, Wheelie. It just made me think of it." Mike smiled.

Will chuckled. "Such a weirdo."

Mike stared into Will's eyes. "You're cute, William Wheeler."

Will leaned over the table and smirked. "You're a weirdo, Michael Byers."