Chapter 23

the long awaited chapter is finally here omg. i am so sorry this took so long to write. and since this took so long to write i decided to be nice and make this chapter longer than usual. so i hope it is up to your standards and that you enjoy it :)

also, i haven't totally proof read this so sorry if there are any mistakes 

____________________________________________________________

"Yeah,let me just grab my keys and lock the door." Harry replies and turns around, bending over slightly to grab his keys from the bowl by the door. Louis' eyes follow Harry's movements watching as his tall figure hunches over, the muscles of his back moving seamlessly under the light fabric, to reach into the bowl, and how his long, slender fingers wrap around the keys. He can't help but stare with thirst at the way his shirt falls down slightly, revealing the smooth, soft skin underneath, covered in various lines and patterns of ink telling their individual stories, and how the growing shadows seem to move and dance along the exposed skin, underneath the soft glow of the hallway light, with his effortless movements. His eyes quickly snap back up to Harry's face when he turns around and sends him a sheepish smile.

"Let's go then. Zayn is in the car waiting, he'll drive us." Louis says before moving out of Harry's way and letting him pass through the door before closing it and allowing Harry to lock it. Against his better judgement and the soft atmosphere of the moment, Louis rests his hand on the small of Harry's back, guiding him towards the car.Harry slightly shivers at the contact, not un-welcomed, but surprisingly a warm and inviting reminder that he wasn't the only one nervous, if going by the slight tremors in Louis' fingers. He is unable to resist his bodies natural reaction, as his cheeks heat up with a soft blush that blooms and grows on them. He brushes off the tingly feeling in his body and the blush sitting high and proud on his cheeks, telling himself it was because of the heat- but deep inside he knew that was a lie no matter how much he didn't want to admit, yet.

The two of them settle into the back of the car, Louis opting to sit in the back with Harry, instead of the passenger seat, so he could admire him and easily talk to him on the way to the restaurant. There wasn't very much talking however, as Louis looked at Harry, watching the way his eyes flickered with the scenery they passed. He takes in all the details that made Harry, truly Harry. He started at the top of his face, where his forehead had faint lines in them, probably due to the stress that comes with his job,but he still managed to look young and flawless. Next were his eyes.They were a type of green that you would think you could only find in the brightest emerald, and were framed by a set of charcoal lashes that seemed that if you were to touch them they would feel like feathers.His nose was next, jutting out of his face when looking at his side-profile, but ending in a soft, button curve. It was not perfect, no one's ever was, but it was unique and it fit Harry perfectly. Just under his nose was Harry's cupid bow. It curved out just slightly until the beginning of his soft, plush lips that would probably feel like pillows if Louis were to kiss them- what? Louis quickly looks away from Harry's side-profile stopping his racing mind from continuing his current thoughts. Why would he even think about that? They were just old friends, nothing more nothing less.

'Nothing more, nothing less' he says to himself in his head, letting out a deep sigh from the very depths of his lungs.

Louis moves his head to look out his own window not looking back over to Harry. Even though he can feel his curious glances, he wills himself not to look back, until they arrive at the restaurant. He glances side-ways to see Harry staring at him and sends him a slight smile, only consisting of a small curve at the ends of his lips. He watches Harry climb out of the car, then gets out of his own side, holding his handout for Harry to take as he rounds from the other side of the car.