𝗖𝗵. 𝟭𝟲

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

ELUA SAT CROSS-LEGGED ON a flat and smooth section of stone with an uprooted tree behind her that Aang was laying against while Katara was folding up a blanket for camp. The young female Airbender's eyes were closed, her breathing steady, and her mind was empty as the sound of a small creek lulled her into a relaxed state while she meditated with the nature that surrounded her. It was perfectly quiet... a condition that reminded her of when she was younger. In those times, she had found that the act of mediation kept her calm, and grounded to the world, which just so happened to be an extremely important task at such a time as this one.

          "You're back!" Aang suddenly said rather loudly at the sound of footsteps approaching from behind Elua, but she paid him no mind at all, far too engrossed in what she was doing, and remained focused. "What's for dinner?" the young boy asked.

          "We've got a few options," the sound of Sokka's voice alerted Elua that he had finally returned from his venture to find food, "First, round nuts, and then some kind of oval-shaped nuts, and some rock-shaped nuts that... might just be rocks," he said while he searched through his bag and optimistically placed variously shaped nuts and rocks onto a flat stone in front of Katara and Aang with a proud smile on his face. "Dig in!"

          Katara stared at her brother as if this were a joke, "...seriously, what else you got?" she asked with a laugh of disbelief, which simply just made him gape at her, a look of utter insult forming onto his face as she spoke to him.

          Elua sighed in mild annoyance as she shook her head at them and tried to tune them all out while she refocused her breathing. The feeling of something small landing on her leg made her crack one eye open and look down, where she spotted her small and innocent lemur peering up at her with big eyes and a tiny hand on her leg, clearly looking for some attention. She offered Ume a smile and chuckled as the lemur tilted her head cutely. She scratched behind the lemur's big ear before she bright her index finger up to her lips and motioned for her to be quiet before she returned to her prior actions silently with closed eyes.

          It wasn't more than a moment later that the silence was completely cut off by the sound of a rather large 'bang!' echoing throughout the forest, causing every bird within the area to scurry off from the trees, and making their small group of four whirl around.

          It quickly repeated itself, "What is that!?" Sokka shouted as all of them quickly jumped to their feet and glanced around themselves... hearing it again, giving them insight as to where it had come from.

          "It's coming from over there!" Aang yelled, pointing towards the tall trees in front of them before he and Katara go hopping off of the rock they stood on and running over towards whatever sound kept rippling through the air... leaving Sokka and Elua behind.