Epilogue

Epilogue 

"I don't want to go to school!" My sister stubbornly said to her Yaya Loring as she kept on kicking the back of my seat. I was in the passenger seat, katabi ko ang driver namin habang sila naman ni Yaya Loring ay nasa backseat.

"Baby girl, you have to go to skul! Your Daddy will fire me, sige ka... Naku, nauubos ang english ko sa batang 'to."

Marunong namang magtagalog si Megi, kaso kaunti lang dahil halos sa San Francisco na kami lumaki. She knows the basics and Dad taught her to always use 'po' whenever she's talking to someone who's older than her.

"No! I don't want to! I want to go home po!" She stubbornly said as she kept on kicking my seat.

I stopped from chewing my gum because the impact of her tiny feet kicking my seat multiple times is making my damn head spin.

"Megi, nahihilo ako." I informed her, slightly tilting my head to look at her from the back.

She stopped from kicking my seat.

"What's nahihilo?" She asked.

"Dizzy. It means I feel dizzy." I told her.

"Should we get you medicine, Kuya?" She asked, completely forgetting about her tantrums.

Natawa ako nang bahagya. "No, I don't need medicine. I'm not sick. I'm nahihilo it's because you keep on kicking my seat." I explained to her.

"Oops. Sorry." She said, covering her mouth.

Napangisi ako. "It's okay." I softly said. She just smiled at me before going back to her tantrums, minus the kicks that she kept on giving to my seat. Hindi ko alam kung matatawa ba ako o ano, eh.

I just slightly shook my head, shifting my gaze to the outside of the window after plugging my earphones on both ears.

And right at the exact moment when I laid my eyes on the girl standing from four feet apart from my place was also the exact moment when a The Maine song started blasting from my earphones.

She was with two skinny girls who were so busy with something that they're doing with their phone. Kaibigan niya ba ang mga ito? Kung oo, I think she should drop them. She looks so out of place.

She was surrounded by a crowd of students and yet she still looks alone.

She doesn't deserve this. Her hot as fuck long and wavy hair don't deserve this. Her lighter shade of tan skin and beautiful curves, her small upturned nose, and her lips that was carved like cupid's bow do not deserve this.

How could people not talk to someone like that? How can someone ignore a girl with an aura that screams calmness, peace, and everything nice that this cruel world could fucking offer?

I clenched my jaw as I unconsciously gave my gum a harder chew than the normal when her eyes suddenly laid on mine.

They look so breathtakingly beautiful and sad.

Her breathtakingly beautiful and sad eyes don't deserve this.

I paused when she sheepishly and uncomfortably avoided my gaze.

Hala, putangina! Did I scare her away?

I consciously inspected my eyes on the side mirror of our car para matingnan kung parang manyakis ba ako kung makatingin kaya bigla siyang nailang sa akin.

Putangina, hindi naman ah. Mukha nga 'kong inaantok!

"Ser Ciel! Ikaw na nga 'tong kumausap sa kapatid mo, nauubos na talaga ang english ko dito!" Ang reklamo ni Yaya Loring ay hinila ako sa realidad.