63. Connection

Enjoy Reading (:

-----------------------------------

"Our first meeting was in college which you forgot." Kabir said and paused to look at her reaction.

"Kabir, Say whatever you want to say, clearly and completely without unnecessary pauses." Zara said trying to sound strong when her heart was beating wild with possibilities.

"We first met when you were filling admission form in IIMR, your pen stopped working and I was the one who offered you one. You didn't look up as there was crowd and your father was  standing besides you. You didn't notice me but I did.

You were wearing long red top and light blue jeans and had a small blue coloured scarf around your neck. Your hairs were tied in a ponytail and your face was frowned with worry because office was going to be closed soon and you wanted to get over with admission process before it did." Kabir described their first meet and Zara's eyes widened at his detailed description.

Dear Lord! He noticed her this much? Then why the hell was this idiotic man doing from past ten years?

"I noticed you. I can't help but do. This newbie was interesting. And I think that was the moment I felt that instant connection with you. I didn't know what that feeling exactly was. I just knew that I had to make this girl notice me.

So I waited on the first day of your session outside your lecture hall. When you didn't arrive, I decided to look out for you and saw you standing beside my friends feeling all nervous and confused and that was the time when I had to make sure that you notice me.

And so I collided with you, purposefully." Kabir said and Zara felt her as if the earth stopped rotating.

He remembered more than she did. He planned it.

Why? Why in the hell then he didn't talk to her?

"I helped you on your first day Sunshine. I gave the instructions to you, if you remember." Kabir asked with hope and Zara stiffly nodded even though she wanted to jump in happiness and then kill this man.

"But after that day you avoided me like plague and I thought that maybe I scared you. May be you are those studious kind of girls who didn't want distractions. So, I made sure that you got all the help you needed. The markings, the ragging free environment and the help from seniors, I arranged it all very discreetly.

But sweetie pie got the doubt on me. And she was starting to understand my feelings, but thankfully our understanding allowed us to give each other space when needed. She waited for me to speak if I was seriously considering anything but I never did.

I saw that after first year you were no longer avoiding me but you still made sure to never speak in my presence or if you did speak then it was less and to the point. I thought you are shy, studious girl and didn't want to involve yourself in any relationships at that point of time.

So, I never approached you directly because at that point even I was concentrating on my studies, planning to destroy Mr. Malik and didn't want to get into something that I could not commit whole heartedly. So, I decided that I won't approach you but if you ever did than I will definitely peruse it."

Kabir explained his reasons and Zara knew that in a way they were making sense.

Both of them had to concentrate on their careers at that point. He was proving a point to Mr. Malik and she was proving herself by staying away from her dad for first time in her life. She didn't approach him because he felt out of her league and also at that time she wasn't into this stuff.