64. Emotions

Enjoy reading (:

__________________

"I do not trust you after knowing the truth." Zara said and then added,

"The way I got to know the truth, it scared me. But I trust myself and I trust my choice. I can't develop strong feelings for a wrong man. I can't let such man come close to me; not only physically but also emotionally.

I trust the guy who has raised his voice for any injustice happening to any woman, since college. I trust the guy who saved me from getting harassed. I trust the guy who plays guitar and considers small kids as his best friends. I trust the guy who has been raised by a single woman all alone. I trust the guy who made his twin sister strong enough to stand her grounds.

So, yes, after thinking about everything calmly, spending more than a year with you and knowing you for more than a decade; I trust myself and because of that I trust you to not go to this level for any revenge."

Zara answered in strong words and Kabir's eyes shined strongly with proud, happiness and he sent a prayer of thankfulness to his mom.

"Why were you bullied in your childhood Sunshine?"

Kabir suddenly asked and Zara got confused. What does this has to do with what they are talking?

When she didn't answer he asked again.

"Why were you bullied Sunshine? Why did people call you names?" Kabir asked strongly.

"Because my mother left me and my dad and they thought that I will turn out like my mother." Zara answered.

"And why did they think that you will turn out like your mother?" Kabir asked.

"Because I look like my..." Zara stopped abruptly and gasped and Kabir smiled.

"You look like your mother.

I knew who you were ten years ago... The day I saw you for the first time, I found your face familiar; so I noticed your admission form. From the details, I instantly knew that you are the daughter of my mom's best friend." Kabir answered.

And Zara gaped at him in shock, wonder and astonishment. She didn't know how she missed it. How could she not realise this? Of course anyone could know from her face that whose daughter she is!

So, Kabir knew from the beginning that she was the daughter of the woman who destroyed his mother's life and yet...

He observed her during college.

He helped her.

He felt connected to her.

After knowing everything.

"How can I blame any child for their parent's mistakes? How can I judge you for something that happened way before you were born, when I didn't judge my twin who stayed with Mr. Malik for ten years before I met her?

Parent's upbringing plays an important role in any child's life. True. But in the end we are the result of the choices that we make ourselves. Our experiences in the past form our personality.

Whatever happened in the past was between our parents. Why drag children into the mess their parents created in past? I will never want our baby to be in any of my past mess. I want to make the world a better place for our baby.

Then how could I be a hypocrite and drag you into the mess created by your mother? It never crossed my mind, even for a second to take any revenge on you.