twenty nine

March 10, 2019

SELENE SAT IN THE STUDIO— HER LEGS ON TOP OF HARRY'S LAP

It was her first day being back in the studio since she had broken her foot. It was only three days ago but it felt like forever for her. Harry and Mitch had went to her apartment the next day and moved the furniture that she was rearranging. The day after that, Harry drove her back to her apartment and dropped her off. She was doing better. It was easier to use the crutches and most time she didn't even need them. The boot on her foot was so dense that she couldn't even feel any pain when she put pressure on it.

It was only her, Harry, and Kid in the studio today so it wasn't much really going on. She watched as Harry's hands flew around everywhere as he explained the idea he had for Treat People With Kindness.

"So Selene is going to be the backing vocals for this track. I might have to get another voice or two to harmonize along but for now it's just Le. She starts the "maybe we can find a place, too feel good, and we can treat people with kindness. find a place to feel good!" and then I start singing the first verse. There's a few adlibs here and there that she could cover also," he told. His hands dropped to Selene's legs as he stopped talking.

"You have the instrumental right? Or at least the instruments that you added along with the acoustic guitar that was already there?" Selene asked. Harry nodded. "Kid can you play it over the speakers?" he asked. Kid pressed a few buttons— the music playing after. The piano came in and Selene inferred that she would be singing the same time as it. The most audible thing she could hear was the drums as the instrumental went on.

"Are you recoding your vocals first?" Selene questioned.

"Yes."

Recording vocals was tricky time wise. It usually took a few tries for a person to get the take perfect. It took Harry only three tries which wasn't much. Selene stood up, Harry's eyes widening.

"Are you not going to use your crutches?"

Selene rolled her eyes. "Dude. The mic is literally right there! I don't need them every second of the day," she retorted. Mitch went to open his mouth but Selene stopped him from talking.

"Mitch if you say anything I will literally kick you in the balls with the boot," she muttered. She couldn't even count how many jokes Mitch had already made on her hand. She knew it was payback for everything she did on tour and she was regretting it now more than ever. Harry covered his mouth in hopes to not let a laugh out. Mitch held a grimaced look on his face.

"That's just cold Selene. So cold. I can't believe Harry took my best friend away from me," he ranted, Selene smiling.

"You were my best friend first before Selene was in the band you asshole," Harry dictated.

"So? Selene is better," Mitch shrugged.

"You know what Mitch. Drown," he said as he threw a water bottle at Mitch. Mitch threw it back with more force, hitting Harry in the forehead. He scrunched up his face as his palm went to the hit area. The two were literal children.