15.

*Unedited*

She stumbled on the steps of the stage despite her grip on Aaron's arm. Mia was already despising this.

First the Media and then so much people. She couldn't take it anymore, if it was for not Aaron's comfortable presence and soothing words here and there she would have fainted.

Aaron stopped and gently made her let go of his biceps, she realised her grip was rather too tight. He held her hand in his and guided her towards the stage.

Meera aunty engulfed her son in a tight embrace as soon as we neared her. Aaron chuckled lightly and returned the hug.

"Missed you too, Mom."He remarked lightly and then his expression changed as if remembering something. He let go of her with a sigh.

Then she turned to me, before I could say something, she engulfed me in a hug too, it was unexpected but I awkwardly embraced her back.

"How are you, Beta?" She asked in her soft tone, while parting from me.

"I am fine Auntyji, how are you?"

"Good, and call me Maa, I will feel better." She said and I nodded.

I didn't know how to initiate a conversation. There are very few people in my contacts I hold conversation with, one of them was Priyanka, my bestie, who was a loud chatterbox, she didn't need other person to converse with. She can talk with me or anyone for hours with me barely uttering 20 words. So, I actually stand there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

It was my reception after all and no one from my side was here. I was in the sea of strangers, alone. Ah, just freaking great!

"Come, let's get you two seated and start the party." Meera Aunty said and ushered us to the second sofa seats on stage.

I just want it to end by now.

After we seated, Mr. Rathore announced us the new couple and started the party.

Many people came and congratulated and complimented us, I just thanked him and smiled. Of course, they introduced themselves to me, but my mind was so haywire to remember. I am very bad at remembering people's name or their faces, thank god this is temporary, I will never meet them again later anyway.

All time my hand was in Aaron's and he checked upon me time to time. He was very charming and caring person.
Even when I make silly mistakes he never been mad at me except some sarcastic remarks. He was all a girl could wish in her husband or even more. He was so handsome and he can cook too.

Am I fangirling on him? Too bad, he was not mine.

I checked him up and down, when my eyes connected with him he raised an eyebrow at me. And I blushed, my face became so hot suddenly and I shook my head slightly.

"Aaron, bro." A handsome man with dark brown hair and black eyes said in slight British accent. Aaron whipped his head towards him and stood and engulfed the person in a bear hug. I remembered he was one of the Aaron's brother. I stood up too.

"Arav, so you got time to meet your brother, at last." Aaron said but his tone was cheerful.

"Ah, I had to come, to meet Bhabhi." He said then turned towards me.

"Hello Bhabhi, I am Arav, your brother-in-law." He passed me a smile and held his hand out .

"Hi, nice to meet you." I replied shaking his hand. He smiled and let go.

He raised an eyebrow at his brother, and Aaron shook his head slightly. They were talking with each other without words. Not many people knew that bride was changed. But the family know about this, Aaron had told me.

"And I am Arnav." He threw a cold glare towards me and said with a cold tone. He was the younger brother I can say from his facial features. He had black hairs just like Aaron and black eyes. He was also very good looking.

I smiled at him but his face remained expressionless, so I dropped my smile and looked at my hands instead.

"Arnav" both of his brother said in a scolding tone and then Aaron gave him a hug too. He patted his brothers back.

"So, finally you came." Aaron jutted and smiled at him.

"Yeah, but soon I had to leave." He said coldly and Aaron nodded.

They talked with each other for a few more minutes. I thought what type of relationship the three of them shared. Arnav was closed off. He hadn't acknowledged my presence another time in that evening. I hadn't known the reason for that.

Arav talked to me and told me about his work in London. He seems to me a easygoing person. They left when other business associates of Aaron started to arrive.

The evening went smoothly, Aaron introduced me to his best friend, Ethan and some other business associates. After like meeting and saying thank you to thousand strangers, Aunt Meera came to us and said it was time to come down from stage.

I thought it was time for dinner, but I couldn't be more wrong.

*****

Mia's dress.

Aaron's attire

Aaron's attire.

Please vote and comment!

Until next time,

Kai_po_che!

*****