Side Story 1 : Secret Admirer

A/N~~:You guys want to know what actually happened in 22nd century after Su Ying's death? Read this chap!!! Otherwise you can get confused while reading the upcoming chapters! ฅ•ω•ฅ​

____________________________________

Fu Gui was shocked. He couldn't believe it. The person he admired so much was dead?!?
How was that possible? Even yesterday, he saw that person laughing and talking. And now Su Ying was dead?

Fu Gui couldn't control his balance as he staggered. He supported himself against the wall. He didn't know how to describe his emotions. He was sad. Very sad.

But more than that, he wanted to know how Su Ying died. Someone as careful as him, someone who always kept his guard up...couldn't be killed easily. Su Ying wasn't the type to commit suicide either. Then how did he die? What actually happened?

Fu Gui controlled his emotions and rushed to the hospital where Su Ying's body was taken. Su Ying was an important researcher. So his death was naturally concerning for the people.

Fu Gui went and asked the doctor who was responsible for his autopsy.

"Did...the autopsy report come? What did it say? How did...researcher Su die?"

The doctor's expression was strange. It was as if he was bewildered by something.

"We indeed did an autopsy. Prior to researcher
Su's death, he was eating something."

"And?" Fu Gui asked anxiously.

"We found a high dosage of botulinum in it."

"What?!?!?!?" Fu Gui was shocked. Botulinum... It was a terrible poison. Ingesting it will make the victim's nervous system fail and the victim will die in extreme pain. Did Su Ying bear such pain before his death?

"Oh... But he didn't die from that..." The doctor said.

".............." Say that sooner.

Fu Gui asked, "If he wasn't poisoned, then what was the cause of his death?"

The doctor said with a strange expression,

"According to the autopsy report, researcher Su Ying died from choking on the food. So the poison couldn't affect his death."

"...................."

Heavens!

So someone tried to poison him but he still died like that! Either way, it was the dead end for him. But dying from choking was better than being poisoned with botulinum.

Could anyone say that Su Ying was lucky? Was lucky even the right word here?

Fu Gui sighed. Even though Su Ying died an accidental death, it couldn't be denied that someone was actually trying to murder him. He looked at the doctor.

The doctor understood his gaze as he said,

"We've already informed the investigators. They'll properly investigate it. Since researcher Su has a good reputation, in order to honour him, we'll publicize that he died from poisoning."

Yeah, that was good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, the result of investigation came. It was Su Ying's family who wanted to kill him. The upper-class researchers who were jealous of Su Ying instigated them and provided the poison. What an unconventional but effective way of trying to kill someone painfully! Fortuantely, Su Ying didn't died from poisoning.