- C H A P T E R * * E I G H T E E N -

Isaiah woke up early so he could avoid Chad

Isaiah woke up early so he could avoid Chad. After what happened last night, Isaiah again needed time to think. He wanted to calm his heart out, and wanted this sorted out as soon as possible. Chad on his mind is like an incurable disease, and it goddamn frustrated him to such extent that he wanted to smash his head against the nearest wall.

He event went as far as dreaming him, and in his dream, they were having fun together, holding hands. If that didn't confirm that he had feelings for his brother, Satan would be happy to pass him the throne because that was such a fucking great lie. But as he thought of it, he thought that this could just be a phase. Maybe he was just confused because he hadn't gotten an action from a long time. Isaiah didn't mean the sex, but an emotional affection from girls.

Still, he would like to continue with his plan to hang out with Jean and ask for her help. Isaiah knew he was taking a big risk because, what if Jean told everyone about this? But somehow, he had faith in her. He knew Jean would help him. Jean wasn't the type of person to gossip; she's great and honest. She needed to quit being a cheerleader because doctors found an issue with her hips, and it'd be best if she would stop cheerleading. At least temporarily.

Bill was just as early, and he saw Isaiah walking to the door. Isaiah was quite shocked to see his father awake at this hour, but he just shrugged it off. The old man couldn't sleep properly, he guessed. Isaiah told Bill that he needed to be early at school as he needed to do something, and Isaiah tasted the lie on his tongue. He hated lying. He didn't have anything important to do at school; he was just avoiding Chad as much as possible because he wanted to clarify his feelings for him. It wasn't a brotherly affection, it was something more. Bill told him he was going to tell Chad he took off, and somehow, he felt guilty. Guilty for lying, and guilty for avoiding Chad. He was supposed to take him to school every day. Chad was supposed to take the passenger seat, but because of the dilemma he was in, he couldn't. He was doing this for the best.

When Isaiah arrived at school, there weren't many students. After all, it was still early. Students would pile up in an hour and a half from now, and Isaiah knew they were going to be running across the hall, trying to catch up to their respective glasses. It always happens every single day. Isaiah already knew and used to how things run in the school, and he wasn't shocked to see people getting tripped as they go through the pile of students standing foolishly in the middle of the hallway.

When classes had started, Isaiah's mind was somewhere. He was thinking about how his approach to Jean would be. Jean already agreed that they were going to hangout, and Isaiah was thinking if he could bring her to his house. But Sarah, his dad, and Chad might have an idea that they were dating, and that's what he was also trying to avoid. It wouldn't be nice as well if he went to Jean's house instead because it would seem like they were going to have sex, and he didn't want that right now.

Isaiah was called out a few times by the teachers, but he didn't care. He was thinking of something more important than his academic. It was dumb, but he only thought that he'd have a lot of time for that later. He could review, read books, and catch up. That's what he does sometimes, anyway. Whenever he misses a lecture or topic, he would read it on a textbook and make sure to understand it. Isaiah could do that again and again.